Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
24-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #21

Re: New panicking kitten

My two were exactly the same, and they are still nervy of new people, you won't see them for dust if anyone else comes into my house, but they're fine with me now! I stressed so much in the start over Ocean and Choco as everyone on here well knows....but they're fantastic now, they just took their time! To be honest I'm glad they're not overly social cats - makes me feel special! xx

PS In relation to keeping her in a smaller area - I did that, it helped! I also made sure that they only had food when I gave it to them first, as in they saw me feeding them, so they associated seeing me put down the food.... eventually that meant that Ocean would rub against my leg etc and I could stroke him when he was eating. Choco was nervous and only really came around to me holding her etc a couple of months ago....it all has to be done at their pace unfortunately! But she will be fine with you!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
26-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #22

Hi Lorna, I just read all the posts under 'hissing kittens' ie your two babies. All of which I associated with and all of which give me hope!!
I am eliminating really squashy hiding places at the moment, I really don't think it good for her to sleep under a bookcase. She will be too big in a couple of weeks!
She was playing on the floor in my bedroom last night with a really interesting toy! Progress?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
26-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #23

My Siamese was very shy like this for her first few weeks, she will come round. Best of luck. x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
26-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokytopaz
Hi Lorna, I just read all the posts under 'hissing kittens' ie your two babies. All of which I associated with and all of which give me hope!!
I am eliminating really squashy hiding places at the moment, I really don't think it good for her to sleep under a bookcase. She will be too big in a couple of weeks!
She was playing on the floor in my bedroom last night with a really interesting toy! Progress?
Absolutely, after a little while i started to stroke Ocean when he came near me at feeding time, and it developed from there xx