Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
23-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #11

Re: New panicking kitten

Koko and I have yet to establish any kind of relationship. This is breaking my heart because I so wanted to get a Havana brown, I so wanted her to become part of our family and she is nowhere to be seen.

She eats the food. She uses the litter tray. She hides the rest of the time, she is 16 weeks old she should be playing.

She has been in the house for ten days now, when will she feel safe?

Catsey Junior

23-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #12

Oh, I forgot to report, I plugged in the diffuser and sprayed the stuff about a bit on the 22nd, yesterday, hoping this would de-stress her. I wonder if it will help me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
23-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #13

Oh - I do feel for you. I have had a very shy cat in the past and it took a long time for her to settle.

I wonder if restricting her to a small area of the house, one that you are around in, would maybe help? Perhaps that might help her interact with you rather than run to the furthest point to hide.

Catsey Junior

23-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #14

Well that was my thought today. She has the room with food and litter tray, my bedroom and the upstairs living room to roam in at the moment, I think tonight when I hear her in the litter tray, I will shut the upstairs living room door. Close down her options a bit.

Catsey Junior

23-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #15

Everyone keeps asking send a photo!! She flashes past to quickly for me to remember where the camera is. I assure you she is beautiful and has gown in the last ten days!

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #16

I'm sure she is gorgeous.

I remember seeing them at a show many moons ago and thought they were beautiful.

Think if you can confine her to one room and spend as much time there as you can she will be more likely to settle.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Catsey Junior

23-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #17

Thankyou Calismum, she is lovely and way too bright. In time she will settle. However the one I had 20 years ago never ever spoke to my husband and could stay hidden for ages, she only was happy with females (of the human sort) her best friend being Frankie who was a ex-male Seal point, who was a placid and loving as the day is long. Her next to best friend was me.

I wonder if adding another baby is too soon, I have always intended too but I thought in another six months or so.

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokytopaz
Thankyou Calismum, she is lovely and way too bright. In time she will settle. However the one I had 20 years ago never ever spoke to my husband and could stay hidden for ages, she only was happy with females (of the human sort) her best friend being Frankie who was a ex-male Seal point, who was a placid and loving as the day is long. Her next to best friend was me.

I wonder if adding another baby is too soon, I have always intended too but I thought in another six months or so.
Think that is a real 50:50.

Now - It may help her settle and at least she would have some one to relate to, assuming they liked each other. It may mean you are 2nd again.

Later - It may unsettle her all over again. It would give her time to get to know you. They may get on really weel or not at all.

Tough call.

Catsey Junior

23-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #19

Gee thanks.

All about what I thought really.

I will wait (it goes against my nature) and hope that within the next few weeks she starts to settle in.

If not I feed a distant cat I suppose, and catch a fleeting glimpse.

She WILL settle in.

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #20

She will