Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
22-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #1

Uh... Feline sexual frustration?

Uhm.

As you all know, Honey has been quite poorly lately. He is slowly recovering (eyes are much better, he's much brighter and seems happier and in less pain) and has not been allowed outside for days now so that I can give him his three-times-daily Pro-Kolin and to generally keep an eye on him and dish out attention.

He did something bizarre just now, though.

He was in the living room with me, came on my lap for a cuddle and then wandered off.

He came back onto the sofa and when the phone rang he suddenly went mad and started chewing on my hand.

Then he clung onto my arm and would not stop biting my wrist - if I tried to pull my arm away he would just bite my jumper and latch onto it like glue.

I was wondering if it was a sexual thing, or dominance thing. (Especially when I suddenly noticed that he was, uh-... "Happy" down "there.")

He has never ever done anything like this, and it took some talking to and cuddling to get him off and now my wrist is covered in bite marks.

He is about a year and eight months old but not neutered yet (it's been rather difficult, he should be neutered ASAP at last when we can arrange it).

Any advice on this? O_o

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
22-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #2

Re: Uh... Feline sexual frustration?

I can't give you any advice, but good luck for getting the problem sorted!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #3

Seems possible. He's sexually mature at his age. I had a neighbor's tom latch onto my leg once and start humping. And the male does a nape bite preliminary to the act.
Poor guy, hope he can be neutered soon ....

Catsey Senior

Darky is Male
22-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #4

The road to neutering has been a bit unexpectedly crazy, but he's set for a Christmas chop.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #5

Good news! I do suspect you're right about that episode: I've never had an entire tom, but have heard of that behavior...apparently not uncommon. Hope the bites are better!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #6

Never experienced anything like that, but suspect you're right and the problem should go away once he's been "done".

Years ago, there was a little intact tom that used to visit my house - Merlin and Smudge had already been done. He was a real gentlecat though and never showed any behaviour like that and neither did he spray indoors. I wish I could have bought him with me when I moved house, but he obviously belonged to someone else.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
23-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #7

My advice would be get him neutered asap.

If he's not spraying in the house now - he will be soon.

At 20 months he's probably getting all the neighbours cats pregnant if he goes out which is really not helpful for rescue places who end up with all the unwanted kittens.

Entire males that go outdoors are much more at risk of contacting FIV & FeLV too!

Sorry to sound so negative, but I am involved in a neutering campaign and don't see any reason why people keep entire males that are not required for breeding purposes.

Catsey Senior

Darky is Male
23-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #8

No worries, I agree 100%. We've just had some really unexpected financial problems over the past year or so, with me losing a job and getting ill and my parents having problems.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
23-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darky
No worries, I agree 100%. We've just had some really unexpected financial problems over the past year or so, with me losing a job and getting ill and my parents having problems.
If you are having financial difficulties you can get help with the cost from;
PDSA
RSPCA
Cats Protection

try giving them a call.

Catsey Senior

Darky is Male
23-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #10

Won't need to now luckily, should all be fine. C: Just need to arrange a date when my parents are back.

But thank you! Shall certainly be something to consider in the future.