Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #11

Re: Darcy and the Toilet

[quote=meep;520567]
Secondly, I hasten to add, this is only when, say, I've been taking off make up and put my make-up stained cotton pads in the toilet then flush. =QUOTE]

Er sorry to go off topic and sound preachy but cotton wool pads shouldn't be flushed away as they cause all sorts of environmental problems and end up on beaches and in the sea- they can cause sea life a lot of problems. I probably can't advertise a shop here but if you go to a high street shop well known for their ethics and non animal testing you can buy washable, reusable small flannel squares that work really well for make up removal.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #12

I wasn't aware of that, CS, thanks for posting it!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
21-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #13

Oh gosh CS that is really interesting, and I have to admit complete ignorance; I simply did not know that. I will put mine in the bin from now on, as I don't mean to do these things out of laziness or not thinking. I simply didn't know But thanks for making me aware!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
22-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #14

Both Jack & Lily are fascinated by the toilet especially when it is flushed. They put their front paws on the seat and peer in it.

They also jump in the bath when I get out of the shower and lick up any water from the bottom (I always rinse it thoroughly before I get out to remove any soap suds).

It is cute but can be a pain when I want a bath as it is hard to relax when you are being stared at!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: burmese and ginger moggie
15-12-2008, 12:59 AM   #15

So thats how you toilet train a cat.My Bently seems to have decided that my kitchen sink is just fine if its too wet to go out side he gave up using a tray quite early on and used the kitchen floor then moved to the sink. Not sure I am happy with this latest habit but at least I can bleach the sink esay enough