Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
23-11-2008, 05:10 AM   #41

Re: Cats in the Bedroom at Night

I haven't read all the posts, But i don't like 'Kittens' in my bedroom at night....not cats...Kittens!! sorry but when Elvis was a kitten he got right on my nerves!!! always playing and waking me up! Tay is the same!!

Tay as been staying in the lounge with the door shut since i got him, he now takes the time to rip up HALF of the newly laid carpet GRRrrr.....!

Elvis i don't mind he comes and goes as he pleases his on the landing under the bed etc (my door is left half open & i have a night light outside....not cos im scared of the dark but due to the fact i have nightmares alot and i like to see light outside of my room!)

if i shut the door they wouldn't care less to be honest!

I don't think its mean/nasty or anything in that categories! its just what people like in or out!

if you want them out id say make sure that you leave them in a room or let them wander the house..........but you know there make a fuss banging on the door! OH! and make sure they cant rip up your carpet!! GRrrrrrr!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #42

A wee update:

From the first night we started, all has been going really well. But last night, around 4.45am I was woken up to the same scratching and yowling that Darcy displayed on the first night. I first thought it was around 7.30am and he was wanting his breakfast but when I realised how early it was, I thought he must just be trying his luck. I needed the loo anyway so stumbled to the bathroom half asleep, and when I came back he was on the bed (hadn't 'shut' the door, only pulled it over); I was so tired and he looked so comfy I didn't have the strength, energy or heart to throw him out. He caught me off guard

But then, most unusually, he did something he's never done before. When I was safely tucked up again he came to the top of the bed and quite forecfully pushed himself under the duvet. He's never been under the duvet before, and I once or twice (back when they were allowed in the bedroom at night ) showed him under the duvet when he was sitting on the pillow, but he's never shown any interest. But last night he used his head to push himself under, then he plonked himself down forcefully in a very loving but assertive way, and 'spooned' with me in the crook of my arm and chest (i was lying on my side) and put his paw of my hand and purred for a good half hour, then eventually fell asleep for 2 whole hours

I was so touched. He's never come under the covers before (a habit I wouldn't encourage!) but he obviously is such a snuggle puss and loves human contact, and being shut out the bedroom must have made him more clingy. Poor lad. Despite how wonderfully cute and touching it was, I'll still be shutting them out the bedroom as I have had a much better nights' sleep this past week (apart from last night!) than I normally do.

Just wanted to share that wee story, as I was so shocked and touched. It was very cute! The three of us (OH, me and Darcy) tucked up in bed. I just wanted to give him the biggest hug and squeeze, he was so cute lying there purring, but was too tired and so was he

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
23-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #43

aww so cute!! he must have missed you!!

elvis used to come under the covers, i miss that!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #44

That's a sweet story meep! Darcy must really have been missing his mummy and you gave him an inch and he took the mile!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #45

Touching! He does love his mum, hard to resist that .......

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: burmese and ginger moggie
15-12-2008, 12:50 AM   #46

I cant add any advice to that already given. I hate sharing my bed with a cat and never have unti... myon has always taken our burmese to bed since he was a kitten, she sleeps happily under the duvet with him. All was well until his girlfriend arrivedshe is allergic to cats so if she stays Lotus has to go ! So guess what she arrives in our bed unless we are very careful and the picture previously is just what happens. Last night I thought she was with me and spent the night avoiding moving or lying my furry hot water bottle thinking it was her do I feel silly or what!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: burmese and ginger moggie
15-12-2008, 12:51 AM   #47

Just looked at my typing whoops hope you get the idea though.