Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
19-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #31

Re: Cats in the Bedroom at Night

I'm sorry to hear about Chloe, Jasmine Hopefully she'll get better soon after a trip to the vets.

Almost a Veteran Member

20-11-2008, 12:09 PM   #32

Day 3

Exactly the same as last night, not a peep until our alarms went off this morning. It seems after the first-night of tough love and poor Darcy wailing his heart out, they realised what it all meant.

They were both asleep in their beds before we went to ours, so they obviously have picked up on the routine. And they were just as affectionate and loving this morning, so I don't think they are 'hurt' or aloof as I feared they would be.

Happy cats and people all round!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #33

Well that's the best possible outcome. Well done meep - please give Darcy and Minsky an extra cuddle from me and tell them how good I think they are! Lovely good boys.

Almost a Veteran Member

20-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #34

I will Angie! I have to say I do miss them on the bed, and the fact they are quite content in the living room makes me wish they were on the bed again Reverse psychology But I know it's for the best, and as they seem happy sleeping in their own beds I won't disrupt them now they've gotten it so quickly. And they are still as loveable and playful as ever.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #35

Happy news! Truthfully, I'm amazed, thought it would take much longer than this! Your boys catch on quickly, bless them.

Almost a Veteran Member

20-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #36

I am truly amazed too DM! The first night was awful, relentless and heart-wrenching yowling. But Darcy isn't acting "off" with us now, as I thought he might. And they do seem to adore their beds, they're in them most of the evening when we're having dinner etc when normally they'd be playing. They do still play, but maybe the winter months are putting them in hibernation mode

Last night I thought "maybe the night before was a fluke" but nope, they seem to have the hang of it! Minsky didn't even complain when he got gently knudged off the bed, bless him!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese
20-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #37

So glad it has been a success - cats like routine and soon get used to changes as long as it is consistent

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-11-2008, 09:55 AM   #38

Magic beds!
I'm pleased it was so easy for you

Almost a Veteran Member

21-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #39

Thank you! I am very pleased too, I'd been expecting it to be a lot harder. Last night Darcy was on the bed (he's clingier than Minsky) and I was worried he'd be clingy but when OH lifted him off the bed and took him through to his own, we shut the door, heard one wee "mew?" and all was silent as a mouse

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
22-11-2008, 05:05 PM   #40

My previous cat Alf always slept in the bedroom when I lived alone but when my slightly allergic bf moved in I had to stop it.

He had a favourite little chair that I used to move into the kitchen at night and he slept happily in there. He had the run of the kitchen and conservatory and seemed happy enough. He did cry a bit the first night but after that he settled.

It may be easier than you think