Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
08-11-2008, 10:58 PM   #11

Re: does your cat 'knead'? & why do they do it??

YAH!

Taylor now 'makes bread'!!!

he keeps waking me up podging about on my belly...my boob!!! !!! sits on my face purring & podging away at me!! still i love it though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
10-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #12

Princess is the only cat I have ever had who just doesn't hardly do it, she still does but rarely. The rest do it all the time, Tucker actually never stops I don't think and does it mid air when you are carrying him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
10-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #13

Most of mine do it. I would say in Cory's case it is definitely a comfort thing. He had to be seperated from his mum very early and has always kneaded and he also sucks your clothes at the same time. It is soooo cute.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
10-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #14

It's funny, I have had a few of my cats quite early on and some later on, I think Kiara was about 12 or 14 weeks when I got her and Tucker was 8, obviously the ones who were born here stayed with mum longer than most kittens and they are the ones who knead the least, but as far as the rest go, Tucker kneads the most and he came home at 8 weeks, Anakin and Vitaani were both very young when I got them and they do it a lot too but not as much as Tucker, Kiara does it only when she's really settled as does Colin and Princess usually keeps herself to herself anyway and probably does it in her own time but it's rare to see her doing it, then again its rare to see her being social the little diva she is.

I remember vividly when I was still at home and had my old girl Tabs when she was just a wee imp of a thing, (she came home very early too as it happens) and she would come upstairs into mine and my sister's room, we had bunkbeds and she particularly liked my sister's blanket. My sister was only a toddler at the time and she'd always shout, "Muuuuuuuum, Tabby's dancing on my bed againnnnnnn!"

Anakin has a particular favorite blanket too, he will ALWAYS do it if he has access to this blanket, it's a black faux fur throw from Tesco, he loved it since day one!

Aren't they funny.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
10-11-2008, 01:34 AM   #15

awww great stories!!

with the age thing, Tay was 7weeks when i got him & he only does it on me when im asleep!!

Elvis was 5 weeks & he does it all the time & mid air lol!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
10-11-2008, 02:08 AM   #16

Our older cat Miw used to do it all the time till she was about 3 years old, she does it occasionally still. Mouse does it all the time, and suckles on the inside of her leg while she does it.....LOL......she's done it since she was a kitten, but more so in the past 6 months since she's been ill, so I definately think it's a comfort thing for her. It is cute though!

Cats owned: siamese cross
12-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #17

Strange but one of my cats do it and the other doesn't. Jamie will knead for a short while if it is on the furry throw but not on our laps. Gordon just flops without any ceremony!