Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #41

Re: Litter tray problems

Put the plug in the bath

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
13-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Put the plug in the bath
It was in the bath, Beauty somehow figured out how to pull it out (and I thought Beauty wasn't the brightest bulb in the box)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #43

I think you'll just have to shut her in a room (not the bathroom) with the litter tray until she has been.....obviously leave her some food in there. You are getting nowhere at the moment, we are only thinking of Beauty's welfare..

Catsey Veteran

13-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #44

[quote=Mags;511476]I think you'll just have to shut her in a room (not the bathroom) with the litter tray until she has been.....obviously leave her some food in there. You are getting nowhere at the moment, we are only thinking of Beauty's welfare..[/QUOTE]

I know you all are, we have tried shutting her in the kitchen with her litter tray and her food and water, again apart from number 2s no luck (unless she's doing the number 1s down the sink - I hope not but she might have started doing them down there!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
14-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #45

She'll have to pee if you shut her up for long enough with everywhere 'blocked' so that if she pees somewhere, anywhere, you'll find it!

How frustrating for you. Good luck.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
14-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I think you'll just have to shut her in a room (not the bathroom) with the litter tray until she has been.....obviously leave her some food in there. You are getting nowhere at the moment, we are only thinking of Beauty's welfare..
I agree with Mags on this; she'll have to go if left long enough. And cats won't generally pee on the floor but will try and find some 'thing' to pee in. Maybe leave an empty litter tray, a dust-pan (my old cat Chaska used to pee in this occasionally!), and a plastic box or something else, with food and water, and leave her there until you get your sample. I'm not sure how frequently cats with kidney problems need to pee, but my two will pee at least once a day, so it should take two days at most. Just don't let her out until you've got your sample!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Flossie
14-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
It was in the bath, Beauty somehow figured out how to pull it out (and I thought Beauty wasn't the brightest bulb in the box)

you do realise Beauty will be tittering behind her paw at you? i suggest you put her in a room with neither sink nor bath, and possibly with more than one tray, but with the same litter.

Catsey Veteran

14-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch_too
you do realise Beauty will be tittering behind her paw at you? i suggest you put her in a room with neither sink nor bath, and possibly with more than one tray, but with the same litter.
I've got some more litter from hte vets now, I'll try using it again (and hopefully she won't scratch it all over the floor and behind everything again )

Catsey Veteran

14-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
She'll have to pee if you shut her up for long enough with everywhere 'blocked' so that if she pees somewhere, anywhere, you'll find it!

How frustrating for you. Good luck.
Hopefully not on the carpet, I won't be able to get a sample if she does!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #50

Can you shut her in the kitchen?