Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #11

Re: Litter tray problems

Is Beauty locked in at night? If so, may I suggest you keep her indoors in the morning until she has produced the sample for you. She is very likely to be desperate to go after a night indoors and you wouldn't have too long to wait.

I think you are making it difficult for your self by letting her out .......if ever the occasion arose when I had to get a sample from Cassie, I wouldn't let her out at all until I'd managed to get it.

As Elaine said, it will be less stressful for Beauty than if you had to leave her at the vets for a day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #12

I used that litter when I had to get a sample from Leo, and what I did was to shut him in a room at night with the tray, and bingo got it the next day, like Beauty he did not like the litter, but he was desperate so used it.Better than stressing her out leaving her at the vets for the day.....Good Luck...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #13

Just as a note of caution, when i had to get Winston sedated and his bladder expressed due to a slight blockage, the vet made me sign a disclaimer incase.... She said to me that because of his kidney condition, sedation could hamper this further. She was maybe being over cautous but thats what she said, maybe some of the VN's here can clarify this.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
05-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #14

id agree with everyone else that it is prob the new litter!

not sure why she choose the bath!!!

when my older cat is caught out he goes on the carpet aswell, id rather it be in the bath easer to clean!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
06-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Is Beauty locked in at night? If so, may I suggest you keep her indoors in the morning until she has produced the sample for you. She is very likely to be desperate to go after a night indoors and you wouldn't have too long to wait.

I think you are making it difficult for your self by letting her out .......if ever the occasion arose when I had to get a sample from Cassie, I wouldn't let her out at all until I'd managed to get it.

As Elaine said, it will be less stressful for Beauty than if you had to leave her at the vets for a day.
Yes Beauty is locked in at night, we do our best to keep her in, though like I said she can escape easily, we are not sure exactly where she gets out from but she manages it!

Global Moderator

06-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
Yes Beauty is locked in at night, we do our best to keep her in, though like I said she can escape easily, we are not sure exactly where she gets out from but she manages it!
Maybe a good idea to check your security RCR, if she can get out that easily, something else can always get in

Catsey Veteran

06-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Maybe a good idea to check your security RCR, if she can get out that easily, something else can always get in
We have checked every lock etc (though I don't think Beauty can pick locks somehow)

We've checked for any places that Beauty can get through and so far apart from my brother's window we've found nothing. My brother will insist on having it ajar (his room is upstairs) I don't know if Beauty can manage to push it open (in theory my brother locks it in place, not tested it yet)

Global Moderator

08-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #18

Did you get any results with the litter tray today RCR?

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #19

Nope, apart from litter everywhere! (I think Beauty scratched it all out to try to avoid using it and probably used the bath again)

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: tortishell
08-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #20

Bailey wee's in our bath, it might be the disinfectant you use, could be the ammonia(i think thats it).