Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
05-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #1

Litter tray problems

Last night Beauty left us a present in the bath (a smelly unwanted present). I'm not sure why she did it in the bath, anyone got any ideas? I'm pretty sure it wasn't a case of oops - I - can't - get - to - my - litter - tray - in - time, I think it was a case of The-vet's-given-you-some-litter-to-put-in-my-litter-tray-and-I-don't-like-the-new-litter.

She's had a little accident before, that was a case of cant't get to my litter tray in time, the vet didn't find any reason healthwise why she should have had that accident, and she wasn't stressed at all.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
05-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #2

Re: Litter tray problems

my kitten does that sometimes,id rather that than on the carpet,yuk that it is

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #3

I know, it's better in the bath, but I'd prefer her to od it in her litter tray if she's caught out during the night!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #4

I think she has been talking to Eva but Eva sadly doesnt use anything other than the carpet
Many cats use the bath to poo or pee in when either the litter tray is too dirty or their prefered litter is not in use.

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I think she has been talking to Eva but Eva sadly doesnt use anything other than the carpet
Many cats use the bath to poo or pee in when either the litter tray is too dirty or their prefered litter is not in use.
Well, the vet gave us some special litter for us to get a urine sample from her yesterday and she's once used the garden yesterday (that I know of, she was burying a number two, I saw) then during the night she used the bath for another number two. I know when she used the garden she seemed to be straining a little, but if I'd have gone out she'd have run off (she's like that - if we disturb her when she's "performing" she gets rather frightened and runs off)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #6

Oh dear! I suspect she doesn't like the new litter! But it's better than on the carpet.....

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh dear! I suspect she doesn't like the new litter! But it's better than on the carpet.....
We've got to use that litter for the moment the vet says.

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #8

Yes, I know you are trying to get a urine sample from her, I was only giving a few reasons as to why she may have used the bath.
When i had to get a sample from Winston, i had to use the same litter. I had to confine him to one room so as he had no other option but to use the tray, he was always a very good boy, no mistakes ever umlike Eva . But even when i had to get a sample from her, she did use the litter tray but made me wait alll day.

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Yes, I know you are trying to get a urine sample from her, I was only giving a few reasons as to why she may have used the bath.
When i had to get a sample from Winston, i had to use the same litter. I had to confine him to one room so as he had no other option but to use the tray, he was always a very good boy, no mistakes ever umlike Eva . But even when i had to get a sample from her, she did use the litter tray but made me wait alll day.
I don't think we'd be able to keep Beauty in one room, she's a regular escape artist! We should have named her Queen Houdini!

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
I don't think we'd be able to keep Beauty in one room, she's a regular escape artist! We should have named her Queen Houdini!
Sometimes you have to do what is necessary to get the result. I'd rather that than have them taken in, sedated and bladder expressed.