Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
20-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #21

Re: Kittens hissing....

Who wants to put bets on Lorna in 2 weeks wishing they were shy again?

Lorna over the years I have had 13 kittens (God I hope I haven't missed anyone out!) and every single one was shy at first, and 11 out of 13 turned out to be really cuddly, fussy cats and the 2 who weren't would/will still come for cuddles on their terms when all was quiet. Even the ones who were born here were shy, infact my shyest cat out of my lot is Princess and she was born here, amongst the dogs, who she hates!

The quickest to settle was Anakin and he took a matter of days yet as I said, Kiara was the slowest - about 2 weeks. She would hide anywhere she would fit, I spent many an hour searching for her!

The way they are now is of no relevance at all to their future personalities so don't worry! The more you fuss over them though the less likely they are to come out on their own accord, I know it's hard as you just want to pick them up and cuddle them but it just takes a wee while for them to settle in and then they will be biting and clawing your hands off every time you try to cuddle them and that's the fun stage!

You will see big changes in them day by day, stop worrying woman!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
20-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #22

Lol you know me Kel, I like to worry!

I just went in to give them some more food, so at least they're eating! I'm also very glad that I had the two together, I think it would be a much slower process if they were seperated, they love each other!

How many cats do you have now then Kel? xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 moggies!
21-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #23

when i got my two at 8 weeks old they were similar to start with, especially one more than the other, i'm so glad we got them both because of this. now the more nervous one when we got them is madder than her sister!
it took a while to get the to eat but just keep showing them where their food is, at first they would just pick at their food now they cant get enough!
they didnt go to the loo for a couple of days but once they started eating abit more that changed.
now they are just mad kittens, playing, running about everywhere not a minutes peace, prob not too soon till yours are like that!!
as well they weren't cuddly to start with but now they cant get enough cuddles from us
hope they are well!!

Catsey Junior

21-07-2008, 08:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgw1988
when i got my two at 8 weeks old they were similar to start with, especially one more than the other, i'm so glad we got them both because of this. now the more nervous one when we got them is madder than her sister!
it took a while to get the to eat but just keep showing them where their food is, at first they would just pick at their food now they cant get enough!
they didnt go to the loo for a couple of days but once they started eating abit more that changed.
now they are just mad kittens, playing, running about everywhere not a minutes peace, prob not too soon till yours are like that!!
as well they weren't cuddly to start with but now they cant get enough cuddles from us
hope they are well!!
That really is a relief! They've used the litter tray several times, they've had some food and played with toys, neither has come to me, but the living room door is open now so i'm hoping they will wander in xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
21-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna
Lol you know me Kel, I like to worry!

I just went in to give them some more food, so at least they're eating! I'm also very glad that I had the two together, I think it would be a much slower process if they were seperated, they love each other!

How many cats do you have now then Kel? xx
I know you do hun but they will get there soon enough and then you will wonder what you were ever worried about!

I have 6 now, all quite young ones, Kiara my Siamese is my oldest at 3, Vitaani and Tucker are 2, Colin and Princess are 1 and wee Anakin is just 15 weeks!

When I got Tucker I also got his sister Nipper and they adored each other, they still took a wee while to come round they were quite shy kittens. I lost Nipper last year in an RTA.

Also when I got Vitaani just a couple of weeks before my sister had got her cat Jennie-Leigh, and they got on great together and I would bring Vitaani round to play with Jen all the time and they used to cause so much trouble, they were a really mischievous pair! So they do become great pals in pairs and are company for each other when you are not there too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
I know you do hun but they will get there soon enough and then you will wonder what you were ever worried about!

I have 6 now, all quite young ones, Kiara my Siamese is my oldest at 3, Vitaani and Tucker are 2, Colin and Princess are 1 and wee Anakin is just 15 weeks!

When I got Tucker I also got his sister Nipper and they adored each other, they still took a wee while to come round they were quite shy kittens. I lost Nipper last year in an RTA.

Also when I got Vitaani just a couple of weeks before my sister had got her cat Jennie-Leigh, and they got on great together and I would bring Vitaani round to play with Jen all the time and they used to cause so much trouble, they were a really mischievous pair! So they do become great pals in pairs and are company for each other when you are not there too.
A kitty play date! I did that when Carolyn's two were kittens: took Dandy over so they could all play; it was such fun to see the little ones wrestling with Dandy and trying to catch his tail (he was an adult at the time, but very good with the kittens!)

Catsey Junior

21-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #27

awwww!!! They're wandering, just had some food, but again still don't want to know me never mind, hopefully they will eventually!!!! I'm just so grateful they know where the litter tray is!!!! They're playing in the living room under my feet but they don't want to be near me yet......hopefully in time, but at the moment i'm enjoying watching them play!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
21-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #28

In time they will come too you i am sure of it. My kittens love the cuddles and even my cat guinness i rescued at 15wks is the daftest of the lot. He still wants cuddles even at 9kgs

Catsey Junior

21-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #29

I hope so, I really love them they're adorable, I want to cuddle them and I wish they wanted to cuddle me - will just have to wait for them to want me! They are so sweet the way they meow at each other!!!!

Catsey Junior

22-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #30

Last night they were behind the sofa but I had to go to bed and the night before I had just moved the sofa and they went into the kitchen - but last night they wouldn't and it ended up with Ocean going in with minimal fuss, but Choco getting quite scared. I'm tempted to leave them have the run of the downstairs now they know where the litter tray is and their food. Or is this an unwise choice? I don't want to make them even more afraid of me