Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
10-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #1

Fawing out Friday!

We have a thaw - hurrah! 8c and we can see bits of green.

Off on holiday today and Monday.

Today after OH has checked the sheep we are going to try and construct a temporary 'porch' to the side of the hen run. My poor girlies haven't been out and about for nearly two weeks and they are beginning to niggle at each other. I an just going to use heavy duty plastic sheeting and some wooden rails. That way it can be removed in dry weather so the ground gets some light.

Tonight is first 'new' recipe - Parmesan fish fillets with an avocado, tomato and cress salad. Going to serve with baby potatoes tossed in butter and basil.

Hope you are all thawing too. Have a great day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
10-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #2

Re: Fawing out Friday!

Hello all!

Yep, thaw here as well. Started yest, though I'm not sure what the temp was. Now I have lots of water dripping off of the roof... Long may it continue - though I've heard that it is due to turn colder again soon...

I'm also off today, and have had a rather lazy start - though I'm slowly getting ready to go out - as in, am not dressed yet, and have just finished breakfast! The rest f the weekend could well be busier.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #3

Morning CM, Squirrel and all to follow. I am a happy bunny again as I have had my six monthly dental check up and don't have anything to worry about for another six months! Home now and warming with a coffee. It is 2C here, so above freezing but not as warm as forecast yet. Very overcast and dreary though. OH has a golf lesson this afternoon and I am not quite sure what I'll be up to. Perhaps some housework ......... there's always dusting!

Have a great couple of days off CM - your new recipe sounds very nice although I'm not sure whether I would fancy parmesan and fish together .... but I do like avocado. Nothing new here tonight, probably jacket pots or pasta bake. Really fancy a nice homemade minestrone tomorrow mmmmmmmmm!

Good luck with rigging up a temporary shelter for the chooks, I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Have a good day folks, keep warm and dry.

Catsey Veteran

10-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #4

Now it's 6C!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #5

HI ladies! It's positively tropical here- 6C, with no snow/frost on my neighbours roofs... hurrah! Just a slow melt going on so no floods, phew. One of my drainpipes is blocked though s have got a constant drip drip drip I can hear from the bathroom window.

I've had a busy but lovely week, went to a spa and had a mud wrap yesterday. Then in the evening saw Tom's school concert- Snow White with a Take That music interpretation. It was very panto and topical, with lots of local references and nods to current TV programmes and celebrities. I miss the real Nativity message though. They alternate the theme each year from something religious based, then a more entertainment focused offering. They put it on in assembly hall of the Comprehensive school to accommodate more parents and family.

No idea what to have for dinner but the fish fillets sound lovely CM, but the minestrone is a good option too. I'm trying to be good with my calories but it's too easy to eat comfort food in the cold.

Have a good day all,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #6

Popped into my former workplace (comprehensive school) to deliver cards etc. and catch up on the gossip! It looks as though I'll be working again after Christmas! There's a retirement and a maternity leave coming up and it looks as though there'll be a Spanish GCSE group that they can't staff, it'll only be 3 lessons a week so I think I can manage that in between dog walking, hair appointments and manicures Not sure what OH is going to think though!

This milder weather is very welcome. Hope everyone has a good weekend in store!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #7

Hi all! Not much of a thaw here, although pleased that some of you are warming up a bit; we were minus 3 yesterday at this time, now up to minus 2, (29 F) but cloudy and dreary. finished the marketing, got gin, stamps at the Post Office (lucked out, short li ne!! ) so cards are finally in the mail. Didn't make the library . Slightly warmer tomorrow, rain all day Sunday then back to the deep freeze!

CM. sure the chooks will welcome a chance to move about a bit; let is know how the new recipe was. Angie, I'm having home made ministrone tonight lovely comfort food on a cold night, agree with you there, PP. Hi, Katie, stay warm when you finally go out.MrsH, hope you enjoy working a bit again, I went in once to help out when we were short-handed, and was very glad I'd retired.

Off to start wrapping after lunch; have a good day, people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #8

Afternoon, all!!
Well oddly enough our temps are still much warmer than a few weeks ago however we are also on flood watch till Monday..it's supposed to pour all weekend and we've been advised to keep an eye on the river. The good news is our house is the only one elevated on the block so we'd be less likely to get any water in the house Bad news is I hope it waits till Sunday to be bad as we have places to go on Saturday (dropping off Xmas prezzies) and i'd hate to drive thru flooded roads..!!
Last night was very pleased after seeing my psych I went to the pharmacy and tried out my new Rx insurance..got three very handy meds..all for under $50..very happy with that!! Stopped into the library to pick up some small books to tide me over..I have two coming from UK but the weather has delayed the shipments.
Been quite productive the last two days..got much needed laundry done, cleared out some space in the antique room to wrap prezzies and sorted everyone's things out so all i have to do is pack and wrap them now
Got some lovely white chocolate peppermint creamer for my coffee at the store..it's so good i've drank like five cups of coffee by now..i am going to be flying soon !!
Just the normal stuff today and crossing fingers for those gifts to arrive in the post before visiting in laws still..
All the furkids are being sweet and good, they must know Santa is watching
Which reminds me, I forgot to tell you that Santa did order that thermal mat for Miss Hestia

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #9

You have been busy, Tink! All that coffee!! Hope the gifts do arrive in time and the rains hold off. I'm very happy to hear that Santa has overlooked Ms Hestia's AWOL episodes .... who could stay mad at that gorgeous tortie!

Catsey Veteran

10-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #10

Glad to hear that Santa relented! Hope Mistress Hestia is well and truly grateful!!!