Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #1

Thursday daily

Morning all.

Day off today but lots to do outside lights to put up, windscreen wash in car. Get car cleaned, I go to the car wash in this weather.

Food shopping to do and some Christmas shopping too. Including some cards for "granddaughter" according to my Mom who does not go far these days there are none. so off I go, I love a challenge.
Going to try and get an appoinment for my hair for Saturday got my Christmas do from work this Sunday, need to buy somehting to wear too. may try that today, Last minute again I know.

Also got a hospital appointment and would like to get Christmas decs up inside too, and the tree and putting the tree up means moving some furniture around too so all systems go here.

Sal always enjoys a nice long walk on days like these....so off I go.......oh yes Spag Bol for dinner tonight. May need it after being out most of the day.

Oh yes have a good day all see you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #2

Re: Thursday daily

OH did the morning school run today as I had a 9am optician appointment for my twice-yearly contact lense check, meant I could have a nice natter to my cleaner Magda who also has a long-haired cat and just loves my fluffs especially Myshka who follows her around and deposits fur on freshly-vacuumed carpets

Went in and had a go at the bank on the way to the office as they cancelled my card back in late Sept (unbeknown to me) and then proceeded to misplace TWO replacement cards. And then failed to tell me that the third replacement had arrived in branch as we had agreed. Still, they will refund all charges which is good.

Now in the office and trying to get through all my Kingfisher translations - blimey Karen - B&Q, Castorama and Koctas aren't half busy around Europe with all their stores/products/brands etc etc!!

Munching on a bag of jelly babies as I work but must stop now as they are starting to make me feel a bit sick

Looking forward to seeing pics out your outside decorations when you have a moment to snap them Kazz

Catsey Veteran

09-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #3

Yeah Yola we are busy .......................all down to me of course.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
09-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #4

Morning Kazz and yola.

What busy days you both have. I am still working from home so thought I'd have a quick break and pop on to say hi.

OH dug out a little area for the chooks earlier. They are now out and standing about as if they have an invisible force field around them. Poor souls they must be so bored.

Was supposed to try and go see Harry Potter tonight but we have decided to cancel so it wasn't 3rd time lucky

Enjoy the day peeps and keep warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #5

As we got the car back yesterday, we were finally able to go and buy the tree this morning

Like last year we got it at Homebase, they had a huge number of Nordman types but also a fair number of my favourite Norway spruce. We got a lovely big one, nice and fresh. OH is going to cut a bit off it then it will stand in a bucket of water outside until we bring it indoors about a week before the day.

Nothing else planned for today, I might get in touch with the kitchen fitter to see if he has a definite date for fitting the new oven, it better had be next week as he promised, I've ordered the goose now! I also think I need to add more booze to the cake, just to be sure there's enough in there it's a Drambuie one this year.

Stay warm wishes for those who still have lots of the white stuff around them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #6

Afternoon everyone! Back from our few hours "off". Today we went into Emsworth and bought stamps for our cards and popped over to the excellent butcher and ordered our joint - we did decide on forerib of beef and also a gammon. So don't need to worry about that now.

Then we went to Prinstead, which is just a wee way down the coast to the east of Emsworth and walked around to the "pond" where all the birds congregate. Happily saw a huge flock of Brent geese coming into land - neither of us thought we have ever seen so many birds at once. Also avocet (17); ringed plover; lapwing; red shank; turnstone and A.N. Other as yet unidentified wader! Came back to the car park and had half our lunch on the bench by the harbour and the other half in the car as the wind got up a bit and the temperature began to drop. It was freezing at Prinstead but we came back the long way via Rowland's Castle and it was quite a bit warmer 4 but the snow is still laying on the fields around there.

Home now - bird food finally delivered. It's wonderful what an email will do!

Keep warm and safe people. Hope your hospital apt goes well Kazz.

Edited to say: wore my thermal long-johns for the first time today and my legs didn't get cold, so no rash either. I am a happy bunny.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #7

Greetings from still frigid Washington! Sunny and winds have finally died down, minus 3 (27 F), but no wind chill, thank goodness! Everyone is so busy ... I should have gone to the Post Office for stamps for my UK cards, but it's so wretchedly cold I just had a lie-in; hope cards won't be too late. It's supposed to warm up a tad tomorrow possibly all the way to 6 C so will finally get the marketing, gin, library and Post Office done. Leia is horrified at the cold, only on the porch for minutes and looks at me so accusingly as if this is all my fault...

Angie, what a lovely lot of birds you saw; glad the thermals suit! Kazz, send me a bit of your energy, please, I could use it Jelly babies, Yola?? Too sweet for me. Glad you got your tree, MrsH. CM, sorry you had to miss the film....

Stay warm!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #8

Hello all... Well, have been back from work for a bit, got littley settled, and am now catching up online. All went well at the office, not much to say about it really! Feels like about time for a nap. Instead though am going to have a bit of a break, and sort out evening meal at about 6... Well, I had a snack when I came in, so...

Hope everyones day goes well!

Catsey Veteran

09-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #9

Well update.
Outside christmas lights are now up back and front.
Moved the furniture round and put the tree up. (Pics will follow)
Windscreen wash in car.
Been to the hospital for the appointment just scans today see the consultant soon I figure they said appointment will follow.
Christmas present shopping done. Just bits to get.
Cards brought for myMom...who loves them.
Brought a couple of outfits one for the Chrsitmas works do
Booked hair appointment
Took Sal for a lovely walk really crisp.
Just had the SpagBol lovely really really nice.

Still got to get the car cleaned and get the food shopping may go back out I am not sure.

Really good day off. very pleased.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #10

evening everyone,
still trying to decide about what type of tree to get, we usualy have a real one but prices have gone so high. We are thinking either a realy good artificial one or one that is growing in a pot that we can hopefuly put outside after and use next christmas.
Just found out that the breeder has had her lady dog scanned today and there are at least four pups, they are due on Jan 4th so all being well we should have our boy early March.
Kazz i don't know about you but i find it so hard to find clothes now. We are going to a party tomorrow so i have bought a jumper dress, some leggins and boots. Not realy very glam but then again i am not a glam person
CM glad your chooks have a bit of clear ground.
Eileen, you made me smile with your description of Leia's reaction to the cold weather
Yola, jelly babies, yum , yum.
Kate hope you had a nice nap before your tea.
MrsH, hope your oven is fitted soon.
Angie sounds like you had a nice day out, glad your thermals worked.