Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-12-2010, 05:45 AM   #1

Wednesday's woolly jumpers

Can't believe I'm starting the daily thread at half past four in the morning but I've got restless legs and mind so got out of bed to have a glass of milk and decided to unwind on here. I haven't been on the forum for a few days, I knew this week would be busy what with battling the weather and having to juggle my life! How did I ever find time to work ?

Hope everyone is safe and well. The ice around here is awful. We haven't had a morning where there hasn't been yet more frost and temps in the -7 to -10 region. The roads are passable with care but I haven't ventured far due to the icy conditions. I feel for our friends in the snow in Scotland and the north-east. Enough of the winter stuff now, lets have more seasonal rain please, wash this lot away and then have nice crisp days, no ice or snow a while

Have done my decs so will check out yours on here, most of pressies bought, not packed or done all my cards yet. Tom's Christmas concert tomorrow after an afternoon at the spa. Tonight is an 80's music event in Cardiff but will be going well wrapped up, thank goodness it's not outdoor.

Still not sleepy- oh well. Let's see if the warm milk works.
Bye for now x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday's woolly jumpers

Morning... *yawns* Sleepy girl reporting in here... up at 6, so I can have a decent amount of time up before I have to head out - and so that I could check the trains. Apparently the one I'm aiming for (8:10) is running on time. No news on the connection, but if I get to my first stop OK, I can manage to get from there to Cupar by bus... Not so possible from here - no bus station.

Thoughts are with everyone, and will catch up again when I get home... Hopefully not too late. And as it's Weds, will be good to see those of you who can make it at the Quiz - 8:15pm. I definitely expect to be back home by then, and no plans to go out or do anything after, so... Just a case of keeping an eye on the time!

See you all later on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #3

good morning posh puss and squirrel. I was woken up early this morn by harris attacking my tree but managed to get back to sleep. Just having breakfast now and heading to clydebank for work. Dont start til 12pm but OH has to take me in on his way to work as my car is still stuck in our garage due to snow.

Squirrel, hope your bus is def running today. Hope the quiz is busy tonight, im working til 830pm and not home til 930pm so wont make it tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #4

PP I hope you managed to get some more rest, a broken sleep like that is awful.

Should be getting OH's car back today, it went in last Monday as there was a wiring fault to one of the safety warning lights. Then the weather came and the garage couldn't get the part they needed delivered. They're road-testing it this morning so here's hoping it's ok, then we can go out and get the tree (no chance of one fitting in my Micra!) and start some Christmas shopping.

It's snow-free here now, my thoughts with those of you who are still suffering.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
08-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #5

Morning!
Erin and I have been up, with snoozes inbetween since 5am and now waiting for the health visitor for her weekly weigh-in.
We're going to get a tree and put the decorations up this weekend-Erin and Darcy's first Christmas!
Erin really loved the sparkly lights that were up in town yesterday so really looking forward to seeing her reaction to the tree!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #6

I was an early bird too . . . woke up at 4.40am but as OH was already up and on the PC I stayed in bed and finished my book (Hangover Square); quite a dark book about inrequited love, schozophrenia and betrayal of trust.

Sebi had his nativity play this morning; I really thought he would freak out with all the parents and gparents there watching the little ones but although he didn't participate particularly he stayed within the play and was in costume. His teacher thought he did really well and I agree - I could see the massive effort he was making not to crumple into tears and run into my lap.

Back in the office now and trying to get through lots of bits and pieces that need getting through; tummy's rumbling a bit so a swift run to the Tesco Metro next door is in order I think

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #7

Afternoon all,
just bobbing on quickly to remind anyone who is interested that the quiz will be on at 8.15 tonight. I have been dashing here there and everywhere this week and have lots of catching up with threads to do but no time yet to do it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #8

Afternoon cuppa catch up from me today! Hello folks. Not a bad day here. Heavy frost again, but it has cleared generally now and we only have one patch of snow left. Temperature is in the plus atm - 1 so better than of late. I also am thinking of those who are so much worse off and still having to cope with snow and appalling conditions.

Several deliveries today but still no bird food. I've sent an email! I have some peanut flour mix and so have made that up with some suet into a block and a bell to hang out. Poor brave little birds, I really don't know how they manage to survive.

I contacted our local cat rescue a couple of days ago about Harley and have had a reply to phone them after the weekend to see if they can arrange something for him. He came in this morning for second breakfast and was so lovely - I am sure that the bite the other day was displaced aggression, he really wanted to beat Pip up!

CMHT nurse called this morning to have a word about how we are doing and OH has taken the plunge and told her that we are thinking about finding a residential placement for his mum in the New Year. We got a sympathetic hearing and some advice about the better homes in this area that would be suitable for her level of need. It's good to be able to talk to a professional who really understands and can give good advise.

Hope to see a whole kindle of Catseyers at the QUIZ tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #9

Hi all, such early risers! I had a lie-in till 9, then just pottering and finishing Christmas cards. Several packages delivered yesterday so wrapping is next on the agenda. Bitter cold hangs on: sunny, minus 3 (27 F), minus 9 wind chill. Very unseasonable; I was out for the paper, will fill the bird feeder this afternoon, and probably not put out the recycling as the cold is so bone-chilling. More like this tomorrow and Friday ... wish the Canadians had kept their cold air up where it belongs!! I really pity the homeless at a time like this.

Tak care, stay warm, see you at the quiz tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #10

Hello all! Back again. Good to see so many here! In the end I got by train to Dunfermline, which is further away from Cupar than here, but the train to Kirkcaldy was off... Walked up to the station and was waiting on the bus to take me to Cupar, when I got a phone message to say not to bother going all the way over there, cause they had heading for more helpers than people attending the course, so could I make my way to the office!!! Same bus as the one I was going for, but of course, my journey ended sooner! Slightly frustrated, but soon sorted that with some hot chocolate and a bacon roll!

See you all later on!