Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #1

Frosty Tuesday

Well morning all

Had a hard frost last night..........off to work in a bit on lates. But just popping on to say good morning........................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #2

Re: Frosty Tuesday

Good Morning Kazz and others who arrive later on.

Yes, another cold and frosty morning here too. A big disappointment today - the paper boy had delivered the wrong paper but hubby saved the day and went out to the newsagent's for me so I can do my usual crossword over a coffee and normality is restored!

I really ought to get on with some housework today, there seems to be an awful lot of dust around. I will never buy anything with glass shelves ever again, the tv stand looks dusty almost immediately after it's been cleaned.

Have a nice Tuesday everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #3

Morning Kazz, MrsH and those to follow. Yes, hard frost here overnight and still only -2 here. OH has gone off to play golf as surprisingly the course website said the course was open! He may be home earlier than expected!

Dust! I can't believe where it comes from - our bathroom is totally enclosed, no window but I still have to do a weekly dust. When I was a child, my Dad used to make up stories about what used to keep him pottering in his garage - he was making intergalactic dust!!!

Have a good day all and take great care. My thoughts are with Scottish Catseyers who have had it bad again weather-wise last night. Hope you are all safe and warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #4

Morning all. Dreadful weather here yesterday. Managed to get to work at 9, then the snow started. Left work at 11.30am and got home at 5.15pm. My food consumption for the day was 2 x Jaffa Cakes! Boy did I enjoy my steak pie when I got in. Very scarey drive.

Today we woke up to fresh snow, and currently the thermometer says -12c - poor OH is away out in this, he'll be freezing. I'm working from home, just thought I'd pop on and say hi. I do hope all are safe and well. Lots of abandoned cars and stranded folks overnight.

MrsH - I do so agree re glass shelves. We have a display cabinet glass shelves, doors and I've no idea how the dust gets in!

Enjoy work Kazz, hope you get there safely.

Angieh - can't think the golf course will be open but you never know! I love the thought of intergalactic dust!

Keep safe and warm peeps

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #5

Hi all! Bitterly cold here: minus 3 (26 F), wind chill minus 9!! We aren't used to weather this cold here; at least it's sunny and not snowing. Only out to get the paper; definitely an indor day for me. Leia threw up breakfast, but seems OK otherwise; keeping an eye on her.. Finally started Christmas cards.

Dust! I have an etagere and curio cabinet with doors, and dust inside... CM, what a trip, glad you're indoors and warm now. Angie, how could anyone enjoy a round of golf in this weather ... to each his own..

Stay warm, dry and think THAW!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #6

OH has just come home - he said the golf course was really busy!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #7

Hello all... Late check in from me. Got back from work about an hour ago, but then littley naturally needed some attention, and it has taken me so long to get here!

CM, I'm glad you got home safely - that sounds just awful.

So, as I mentioned above, I got to work today! For the first time in over a week. Nice! Of course, tomorrow could be more of a challenge, in that I'm going further... however the course is running with people from all over Fife, so some of our clients will have had trickier journeys than I will have had, and they will all need to get home again as well, so...

I think the temp might be going up slightly, though it was difficult to believe this morning. And No Snow here today!!! Long may That continue!

Thoguhts with you all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #8

evening everyone, just got in from work. Thankfully the a80 was cleared throughout the day and we got home no probs except for extremely icy roads!

A very cold start today, the car was reading -17!!!

Hope everyone is home safe x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #9

Morning, all.
Things are mild here at 45F, overcast and some showers here and there expected but nothing really substantial.
Will be going to K's moms this weekend for an early Christmas as they are leaving in their camper for a trip to CA to visit K's sister for Christmas.
Waiting for some things to show up in the post. Desperately need to be doing some laundry.
An online friend's ferret passed away last night, very sad for her. Watched this little boy grow from kithood and his loss was quite unexpected and tragic. I hugged my kids a little bit tighter last night.
Been trying to decide if I should visit my parents this holiday. I think the weather will be a big deciding factor. Seems like when I go to great lengths to plan it is ice and snow and when I don't it is nice and mild so I'm just going to play it by ear.
Nothing much to report here, really. Hope all are well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
07-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #10

Evening all... Minus four here this morning.

Hubby away until thursday so gin and tonic and corrie for me later.

MrsH I can sympathise I have one of those stupid black glass tv stands total nightmare to clean !!

Have a good one everybody.