Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
06-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #1

Moody Monday Daily Thread

Morning all, am always moody on a Monday
Wrapped all xmas pressies last night except for one or two that have still to arrive, all cards are written and ready to go, appologies if I miss anyone as I have mislaid my address book.
Better get myself motivated for the day. It will probably be more short walks for the dogs. We havent had any more snow since Thursday but all the side streets are just ICE. I am sure it will be the same all over.
Rayne hasnt eaten her breakfast this morning but has otherwise been eating well, so hopefully we are back ontop of her tummy issues. Her diet has been restricted to lamb for a month, then slowly introducing other meats/flavours at monthly intervals to see if she has an intolerance to anything in particular. Her spey probably wont take place until after New Year now as I have a house sit booked over New Year involving one adult dog and two pups. Best get that over with first.
Cats are good, eating well, fighting, playing and hogging all the hot spots.
Hope everyone is well and please take care on the ice people. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
06-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #2

Re: Moody Monday Daily Thread

Good Morning All...

Well, it's More-Bad-Weather-Monday here! Though thankfully not a huge amount of it. The roads, which were back to normal through the work of several men with diggers/trucks are back to being white again. I'm hopefull that they shall remain driveable - though beyond the gas man whose supposed to be coming today (will give a ring in a little while to check that the bad weather hasn't changed that too much) it won't effect me - car being elsewhere as yet.

Cloudly went back on chicken late last night - after finally taking a drink mid-afternoon yest, when I was able to offer her fresh made chicken stock to drink... So far, nothing from that end, which I'm taking as a good sign! Right now she's having a bath on my legs, as I appear to be one of her favourite beds - as long as I don't cough too much, though am pretty well on top of that as well. Still want to phone up for an appt with the practice nurse though - think she'll do, I just need to get a script for another inhaler as I've definitely gone over the 2-3 times taking reliever inhaler in one week and make an appointment limit she set when I saw her a few months back... Should last only as long as I have the cold I think. Well, that's normal anyway!

Hope your days all go well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #3

Morning Elaine, Squirrel. Yes, take care on the ice - heavy frost here and -2 atm but skies are blue which is nice to see and brightens everything.

We are awaiting several deliveries - nothing much has arrived since the beginning of last week understandably. Hope all our stuff isn't still stuck in lorries in the snow somewhere. Getting particularly low on bird food and now have 4 robins to feed. Had 3 for quite a while but another one has arrived this morning.

Might see how I get on with some housework this morning. Breathing is a bit better since I came off those pills, so I'll see how things go. A little and stop for a Catsey catch-up!

Have a good day folks and do take care.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #4

Morning! Feeling a bit sorry for myself as I've not slept too well lately and lots of snoring (apparently!) has given me a sore throat.

A funny thing happened this morning, Jason is not speaking to me since I trimmed his claws yesterday, but I found him furiously using one of the scratching posts in the cat room perhaps he doesn't like his new manicure and is trying to get them back to normal! It would be nice if he decided to use the posts regularly

It's still frosty here today, was quite foggy early on and my little car is still covered in ice.

Enjoy the rest of today folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #5

good morning everyone. Well done Elaine in getting your pressies wrapped, thats organisation for you!! I dont even have all of mine in!!

Our monday has consisted of cumbernauld being snowed in again and me not getting into work for the 2nd monday
running!!

Squirrel, take care as the snow is spreading across the country again. We thought we were finally getting somewhere but at 9am when we woke up today, we are totally covered again!!

Take care everyone and have a great and safe monday x

Catsey Veteran

06-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #6

I've made no attempt to get back to work as yet Pamela, and they said they thought the buses were off when I phoned in earlier (they have a depot right next to them). Also, my Dad just got back from an attempt to get to work in the last hour... apparently the Forth Road Bridge is closed again... To Southbound traffic anyway - meaning he couldn't get across the bridge... and as someone who works for a blinds company (he estimates, and does some fitting) his car is a Must - all those ladders, and blinds and the like!

Snow is still falling here - it's supposed to change to mist over the next few hours - can see that making it even more treacherous...

Hope everyone is doing OK!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
06-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #7

afternoon all! elaine, squirrel, glad the sickly ones are picking up! its snowing really heavy here the streets were almost clear yesterday! i'm taking a wee rattie with respitory problems to the vet at 3 via bus, so i was really hoping the snow would at least stop! i just use a cat carrier for them, so im going to wrap it in a towel and pop it into a carrier bag with a hot water bottle in the bag, hopefully they should keep warm enough! even though il look a muppet, but hey who cares im about to go dig out my polka dot wellies to wear aswell hope everyone has a warm safe day!

Catsey Veteran

06-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #8

Sorry to hear about the rattie... Hope the vet is able to help, and that the snow stops, or something. Or at least, that nothing happens to stop the bus service. Think you're right that they should be OK in the bag with hot water bottle.

Take care while you're out in it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #9

Hi people! Still in the Arctic air mass, very unseasonable at 0 C (30 F), wind chill minus 6! Some sun but not helping much; had a long wait for the bus coming home from the market; stupidly wearing trainers instead of my warm boots; feet still haven't quite thawed out! Supposed to be like this all week... bah!

Elaine, very impressed at your efficiency; I haven't even started cards yet, not to mention wrapping!! Lynz, hope rattie will be OK. MrsH, that is so funny about Jason! Angie, hope your deliveries make it today. Squirrel, good that Cloudly is eating ; Pamela, more snow? When will it all end?

Please take care and stay warm, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #10

One very small parcel arrived with the post .... but that was all