Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
05-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #1

Deceptively Sunny Sunday

Beautiful blue sky, big sun. Freezing cold -3c!

Anyway at least no more snow.

No plans for the day, having a browse through some cookery books, have decided to try one new recipe a week as I feel we are very stuck with our meals.

So, this morning I decided to bring in the bag (15kg) of cat litter that has been in the car boot for about a week. Caught it on the utility room door catch, burst the bag and it went everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Have you any idea how far 15kg of litter can go. I think I'll be finding bits of it for weeks.

Enjoy your day peeps and keep warm and safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #2

Re: Deceptively Sunny Sunday

Hello CM and all to follow. Bright and sunny here, not quite so cold - 0 atm. 99% of our snow has gone and there are still some leaves left on the trees - it really is the oddest season. The Goat Willow thinks that it's had it's cold snap and has buds forming already.

Sorry about the cat litter - you may have a bit of crunching underfoot for a while.

Good idea about trying a new recipe each week - last week we adapted one of J.O.'s 30 min recipes (a ragu sauce) and had it with lasagne - it was extremely tasty and we will be doing that one again. It all gets zuzzed in a processor so is really quick too.

Enjoy your Sunday folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #3

there have been diggers and trucks taking snow away here... And I know someone in Edinburgh area who said it was snowing again where she was.

Anyway, all goes on as always here... Wee one still not quite right, but have had advice from vet - though not my own - about not feeding for a bit, then back on boiled chicken...

And I'm still fighting the cold off, though I do tend to think that I'm winning - it's not getting worse anyway!

Quiet day in so far - I plan on doing a little cooking later, and probably nipping out to a shop - bit of fresh air and exercise etc!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #4

Afternoon all, housework all done. Hubby's aunty and her partner are coming over later so it will be nice to see them.

CM sorry to hear about the cat litter - it is bad enough when the cats carry it everywhere on their feet let alone spilling it!!

Won £76 on the lottery yesterday which was a nice surprise. Have a good one everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #5

Well done on your lottery win Emma! that'll buy a nice drop of alcohol for Christmas

I'm making mince pies today so OH is tasked with clearing a route in the garage to the spare freezer which is very useful at this time of year but is usually hiding behind and under great piles of junk! Mind you if I somehow don't get my new oven fitted, I might have a job baking them

We got our first Christmas card yesterday so we need to start thinking about writing ours. Last year, as usual OH overbought the cards because he kept seeing more of them that he really liked! There's a box in the loft with them in and we probably won't need to buy any at all this year

Have you all bought your Christmas stamps yet?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #6

Well done making mince pies MrsH! We have our mincemeat all made and ready (to your recipe!) but have bought frozen pastry - the all butter sort! Have not made any up yet - probably should do, to try them out!

Interesting you should ask about Christmas stamps - we have finished our cards that need to be posted today and I have just totted up how many stamps we'll need - 56, not counting ones for abroad. Second class are now 32p @ - I can't believe they are so expensive but it shows how much I use the post! Nearly everything is email nowadays - so much more convenient, but then I do like hanging up received cards and commenting on what pictorial trends are in vogue this year (or glitter or no glitter!) so I mustn't complain about sending them either!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #7

Hi, all. Bitterly cold for us at this time of year, the Arctic air is firmly entrenched now and will be around for most of the coming week. 0 C, )32 F), very windy, wind chill minus 4!! Only out to rescue the newspaper; definitely an indoor day.

Emma, well done! Treat yourself to something. Squirrel, hope Cloud continues to improve. CM, I did something similar once with a bag of litter and it is a real mess; my sympathies. I like your idea of trying a new recipe, we do tend to fix the same old things: I'm having my usual crab cake, spinach, etc. dinner tonight. Angie, I agree, e-mail is great but I too like to display the real cards at Christmas. Haven't even started mine yet, must get cracking for my overseas ones soon! MrsH, hope your oven will be in to bake those lovely pies.

Stay warm and dry, enjoy the day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #8

Evening all.

CM ....Great minds must think alike. I too have been thinking meals have become a routine....and want to try something different once a week and then if good add to the main bank.

Also written majority of Christmas cards today and have posted some...have written overseas ones and will be sending those tomorrow.

Emma congrats on your win a nice surprise are you going to top up your premium bonds?

Eileen indoors sounds the perfect place to be.

Everyone see you shortly I am off for my dinner roast pork a bit late because I have had things to do today. Inculding putting the outside decorations up (minus the lights) just thought today was a good day to spend up a ladder............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
Well done on your lottery win Emma! that'll buy a nice drop of alcohol for Christmas

I'm making mince pies today so OH is tasked with clearing a route in the garage to the spare freezer which is very useful at this time of year but is usually hiding behind and under great piles of junk! Mind you if I somehow don't get my new oven fitted, I might have a job baking them

We got our first Christmas card yesterday so we need to start thinking about writing ours. Last year, as usual OH overbought the cards because he kept seeing more of them that he really liked! There's a box in the loft with them in and we probably won't need to buy any at all this year

Have you all bought your Christmas stamps yet?
Mrs H can I ask how are you baking your mincepies without an oven??? sounds nice though I don;t eat them myself but enjoy making them and other appear to enjoy eating them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #10

Kazz- I make the mince pies and freeze them unbaked, when I need them I bake them from frozen and find the filling is a little bit less likely to bubble out. If I don't get my oven fitted in time I think I'll end up at our daughter's house and use her kitchen.