Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
04-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #11

Re: Snowy Saturday

Morning, all
Docs went well last night. I guess I'm just very sensitive to the IUD but all looks healthy and in place and she thinks at this point it be best to wait and see if it settles after several months. Sure is a relief but I did feel rather silly complaining about the pain. However, it's mostly wore off for now, it's just a sporadic thing so it's not like I'm miserable all the time. Will tough it out as this thing cost me a pretty penny and I'm determined to cut down on the amount of pills I take.
Worried about a friend's ferret today. They were on their way to a ferret show and he took a turn for the worse very suddenly and is receiving blood transfusions at an emergency clinic. It's scary how fast they can go from fine to deathly ill
MrsH I shudder whenever I see or think of a chance of black ice, I surely don't blame you there--there once was a time me and K got caught on a detour and were forced to take a small road covered in it..and wouldn't you know it, it was full of steep climbs and falls, I think I got a few gray hairs on that ride
Squirrel, I echo what all else have said. Glad she seems to feel a bit better already though. I don't know if this would work for her or not but I once had a cat with upset tummy and a vet told me to mix some canned pumpkin with his food and it settled things out. I know you can also replace with squash baby food for ferrets too..honestly not for sure on that though, may want to ask the vet first as this was for an adult cat..
I've not much planned except some online shopping for some odds and ends for Christmas..and then maybe I will tackle the laundry. I do hope a new book shows up today as I finished my one last night (thank you Eileen for that recommendation reg. Punchbowl..thoroughly enjoyed it )
Take care, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #12

Back from the fair and feeling quite tired. The roads were trecherous this morning, snowy and icey and then it rained for good measure. Had to drive out of my way to pick up a friend and her dolls, it is quite a challenge for me to drive to preston anyway so had to concentrate very hard.
The fair was lovely but i had to wait untill nearly the end before i sold anything at all, then i made two good sales.
I bought a lovely 1960's Babykins doll, they were a fore runner to the modern newborns available now. I am so very pleased with her.
Kate i hope your kitten is feeling better soon, poor little Cloud.
Tink you mentioned pumpkin to Kate, i have used this when Malaika had the runs, she enjoys it anyway. I believe it is good for them, unfortunately the Cats wouldn't touch it.
Glad your docs appointment went ok.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
05-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #13

Evening all! glad cloud seems a bit better squirrel and your dr's app went well tink. was working today then went to the pics to see harry potter didnt have the chance to get dinner before i went out so i filled up with popcorn and just enjoyed some chips and cheese
slightly warmer here today, had a good bout of rain yesterday which cleared a lot of the snow but left patches of ice so need to watch where i step! off tomorrow woohoo lie in!