Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-12-2010, 07:17 AM   #1

Snowy Saturday

Good morning all,
early start for me today, just about to leave for the doll fair.
See you all later, have a good day and take care in this weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
04-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #2

Re: Snowy Saturday

Morning Shelley and all to come... That certainly is an early start for you - I hope that the day has been good and travel not too treacherous.

Over this end, my Dad is coming out at some point, checking to see if my car is get-to-able yet (it parked in a park and ride since last fri, I checked it on Thurs as had left my bag there by mistake, and then the snow all round the car park was a couple of feet est deep...) and then he wants to check some of my pipes as running the tap in the sink just started to fill the bath. Some boiling water helped the situ, but need to make sure that it getting out through the pipe, rather than onto the floor...

And Kittenly's tummy is still not right poor wee one. Thinking about vet later. She slept most of yest, and is eating, but... Any advice as to what it is best to feed her while she not right? Just continue on normal kitten food? I'm defrosting some salmon now, but will be end of the day before that's ready (micro not working...) and can pull out some beef burgers later, but...? she still purring away and needing, and playing a bit, but... *shrugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #3

Morning all.

Still in bed at the moment, looks like it has tried to rain here and it is only minus one, hopefully it will warm up enough to melt the snow and ice.

Nothing planned for today, roast chicken later for dinner. Hope you have fun at the doll fair Shelley. Squirrel I would take the kitten to the vets if you are worried...

Have a good day everybody.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #4

[quote=Squirrel;626244

And Kittenly's tummy is still not right poor wee one. Thinking about vet later. She slept most of yest, and is eating, but... Any advice as to what it is best to feed her while she not right? Just continue on normal kitten food? I'm defrosting some salmon now, but will be end of the day before that's ready (micro not working...) and can pull out some beef burgers later, but...? she still purring away and needing, and playing a bit, but... *shrugs*[/quote]

Poor Kittenly the best thing for her while she is like this is plain food...... boiled chicken or steamed white fish which will be far more soothing on her stomach.

I hope she improves soon...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #5

Morning people,

Off out loads to do.......no idea why I just do.... weather a fair bit warmer mind you not been not yet so that view could change. Accordiong to the weather forcast we should have rain.........in waiting mode.

Squirrel if the kitten is poorly I would take her to the vets kittens like puppies should be full of life they can take a turn for the worse quickly being so small.

Shelley I hope you enjoy your fair you deserve to getting up that early......
Emma roast chicken sounds good.
Mags - morning
And everyone else who comes after Morning all.

Anyhow off I go into the wild blue yonder......................have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #6

Another cold night so we decided not to go to Farnham Maltings for the monthly market, they've got a Christmas one coming up shortly so we'll go to that instead. Just didn't fancy the look of the roads this morning, high probability of black ice after sleet/rain falling on extremely cold roads.

There are now a few glimpses of sun for the first time in ages but it's soooo cold out there. The dog gets easily distracted when he goes outside to pee, he just wants to play and dig in the snow bless him, so we usually stand in the doorway and remind him what he's supposed to be doing. "Go busy!" "Be quick now!" and occasionally "For goodness sake..... hurry uuup!" you can get awfully cold just waiting.

I hope the sun shines on everyone today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #7

Morning all (just!). We've had quite a thaw here - evidently it rained a lot and howled with wind in the night. Just patches of white left here and there. OH has been out to the chemist and the farm shop this morning and said that although our lane is still slippery the road into the village is clear once you get there. So we have milk and veggies and meds!!!

Squirrel - Mags' advice re bland food is good - poached chicken or white fish in water, maybe a bit of boiled rice. But I would take her to the vet as she is so young and should be bouncing like a well kitten. (((HUGS))) to you and Cloudly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
04-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #8

Afternoon all - the sun is out (hurrah), it's 3c (hurrah), we are having a slight thaw (hurrah).

Spending today getting the living room back to rights after the papering and painting. Think I might try a new layout.

Shelley, I do hope that early start is worth it, you must les us know if you bought anything or even if you just yearned!
Squirrel, I'd echo bland food and vet. They go up and down so quickly at that age. Hope you get car and pipes all sorted.

Emma, roast chicken sounds really good, I've not decided what we'll have yet.

Hi Mags - have a good day.

Kazz, enjoy the wild blue yonder!!

Mrs H, that reminds me of a dog we had. All we had to do was stamp a foot and say 'hurry up' and she would go. We then got a new puppy who refused to be hurried. So we'd stand at the door waiting for her for what seemed like for ever.

Angie, glad you have a thaw on. Hope it doesn't freeze again overnight.

Enjoy the day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #9

Hi all. Bitterly cold for us, 0 C (31 F), wind chill -3C! Coldest of the season so far, at least it's sunny now, clouds later perhaps a flurry. Slept in, cleaned the medicine chest (finally!), made pickled cauliflower and just pottering. New phone in and (mostly) working; having trouble setting up the answering machine announcement... A member on OFF reports a Russian metereologist says this will be the coldest Winter in 1,000 years ...
little Ice Age coming again??

Shelley, have fun, hope you find something nice. Squirrel, I join the bland food/vet chorus; poor wee Cloudly. Emma, yummy dinner. Angie, glad you're well stocked now; how's MIL today? CM, glad you're having a "thaw" at 3 C! MrsH, that Morgan is a character. Kazz, you are like the Energizer Bunny ... always going! Hi, Mags, how is everything?

Stay warm, dry and upright, please, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
04-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #10

Hey all...

Just to let you know that Cloud is currently tucking in to a plate of chicken-and-rice - and it seems to be going. Certainly more interest in that than in any of her other food recently, though she has been eating!

Tummy still obviously upset, but by the time Dad got here (my car being elsewhere) she was active and playing games and better 'in herself' so to speak. That being the case, we didn't 'vet' today, but you can bet I'm keeping an eye on her right now.

Plenty more of the chicken and rice left, so will keep a portion out for later today, and shove the rest in the fridge for feeding tomorrow... And will get some more stuff as long as I get out tomorrow - service at 11am, which I hope to get to. If I then go to supermarket I should be able to pick up some chicken, or white fish. Need a few more bits for me as well, so...

Will consider vets again if she isn't so good in the morning - and especially once I've seen how getting the bus in in the morning goes.

Now I just need to hope that she's not had so much that her tummy goes into shock!!!