Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
03-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #1

Freezing Friday

Hello All... I hope that the day goes as well as possible.

All seems to be going fairly well here. Cloudly isn't quite herself as yet - that tummy thing... She's eating, drinking, and going in her tray though. Just sleeping lots and hasn't been interested in playing much. Oh, and she knocked a blanket into her water bowl last night, meaning she had to go without til morning poor lass...

As for me, am developing a touch of a cold, and have started a cough bottle as they often turn into chest infections if I give them a half chance...

Quiet day in here I think!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #2

Re: Freezing Friday

aww sorry to hear you have the start of the cold. Its horrible getting it this time of year. Hopefully cloudly starts picking up soon. Thats a a wee shame she went without her blanket. fingers crossed its nice and dry for her tonight.

My freezing friday is made up starting work at 12pm but need to leave about 1.5hours before i start as i have a 45min drive to get there and the roads are still very icy as its still snowy here. Thankfully though my OH is taking me then picking me up at 830pm when i finish.

Keep warm inside today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #3

Morning all, colder in Essex today as compared with yesterday, minus 3. Day off work for me, hubby went to work today and said that the roads in were worse than he thought they would be. Doing to do some housework and then I might pop to the shops.

Stay safe and warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #4

Morning all like Pamela a late start for me too.
Have some errands to run first then work - so see you all later and keep warm dry and most of all upright.

Take care all, Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #5

Morning! Brrrr, it's icy out there! OH has kindly donned his old sheepskin coat, hat, gloves and his walking boots (good grippy soles ) and volunteered to go and collect my regular prescription. Hope he brings some pastries back with him!

Sorry you're getting a cold Squirrel, I've just recently got over a real stinker of a cold which really laid me low, hope you've nipped yours in the bud. Actually I woke up with a sore throat this morning, I can't believe I might be getting another cold so soon again

Lots of sparrows, chaffinches and greenfinches in the front garden this morning, lots of starlings at the back.

Keep safe and warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #6

Roads are remarkably clear here; even the countryside run was slip free yesterday evening. I'm working from home and might miffed as the client is throwing in lots of urgent stuff and poor Sebi is having to amuse himself alone. Mind you, he's got the most amazing train track going on the floor next to me so he's having fun! I am SO cold, heating is going full blast and my extremities are icy

Myshka peed on the bed last night. The cover is in the wash and the duvet will have to be professionally washed as it's too big for my machine. I hope he just fell so fast asleep against us and was so warm he didn't manage to get down to the litter tray on time. I sincerely hope it's not the start of another kitty peeing in inappropriate places

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
03-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #7

Hi Yola... I'll admit to being pretty warmly wrapped up indoors despite heating. dressing gown makes another lovely layer. May well crack soon and put fire on for a bit... I really prefer not to though!

Sorry to hear about Myshka wetting the bed last night - and hope that she will make it to the tray another time, and that that is all it is!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
03-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #8

morning, all.
woke up bright and early and there isn't a speck of coffee..how does this happen?!
all three kitties devoured breakfast (they all really like the Chicken Soup for the Cat lovers soul brand) and are now digesting in front of the fire..it's hard to be a cat
Nothing planned except doctor's this evening, very last appointment of the day at 5pm is where they squeezed me in. That, and I think we'll need to drop by the store for some coffee and other things!
Today is payday so that's nice..maybe we'll have a bit of dinner somewhere after the doc.
It's overcast and fairly dark here still at 7:30 am right now..I think we'll probably have some scattered showers.
Very much enjoying my Cats of Punchbowl Farm, nearly done with it, almost finished it in bed last night but I didn't want to fall asleep during the last part of it.
I hope the new wallet I ordered shows today. It has a kitty cat on it
Have a good day all, I'm going to try to satiate myself with some decaf

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #9

Hello all. Computer is telling me that it's -4 here and not yet dark, although won't be long. It's been a bright clear day here and if the temperatures plummet tonight the bit of melt will be like an ice rink tomorrow. We have to go out tomorrow as we will need milk and have to collect meds from the chemist - MIL runs out tonight.

We've had a bad day with MIL today - incontinence has begun and we don't know whether her bed will be fit to sleep in tonight. If it isn't, we'll just have to turn the mattress and she'll have to make the best of it as the only other bed in the house is our new one and she isn't having that. AAAAAAArgggggggggggh. We'd bought one waterproof cover, but had washed it the day before yesterday and put an ordinary one back on her bed, so it's our fault really. We are both getting near the end of our coping tethers - esp. OH.

Kizzy has been particularly comforting and loving today. She knew I needed her kisses and purrrrs.

Hope all are managing to keep safe and warm. I feel so sorry for our Scottish Catseyers.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh

We've had a bad day with MIL today - incontinence has begun and we don't know whether her bed will be fit to sleep in tonight. If it isn't, we'll just have to turn the mattress and she'll have to make the best of it as the only other bed in the house is our new one and she isn't having that. AAAAAAArgggggggggggh. We'd bought one waterproof cover, but had washed it the day before yesterday and put an ordinary one back on her bed, so it's our fault really. We are both getting near the end of our coping tethers - esp. OH.
Angie, have you tried using the Incontinence Bed Pads? I used to use these with my parents and found them to be so useful. They kept any wetness away from the bottom sheet.

These are similar to the ones I used to use on their beds ....

http://www.handyhealthcare.co.uk/mob...y-bed-pad.html