Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
02-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #1

Thwarted Thursday

Had a bit more snow overnight which has put paid to our planned visit to Winchester for the Christmas market they've had quite a bit of snow in Winchester too so we'll plan to do it next week instead, although the market must look gorgeous and seasonal in this weather!

The bonus of this weather is that the goldfinches have sussed out the feeder with the niger seeds in it and we've had about 5-6 of them vying for their turn such pretty birds!

Hope everyone's ok, it's a bit late to be starting a daily thread.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
02-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #2

Re: Thwarted Thursday

I'm fine thanks. Managed a safe trip to the car and back earlier on - where I located my handbag - I'd left it in there on Friday, silly girl!!!

Plans for rest of today - Get Dad's car out of the drive, visit a few shops, go pick up Cloud, then see if we can get home or not. If not, it's back here - and I'm going to pick up some equipment when we go to shops first, in case we are back here.

On top of all else, it seems that Cloudly now has some Diarrhea - which her brother had yest. He's OK now... Hopefully she'll be through it soon. In some ways, it woudl be simpler if we were here for that - parents have laminate flooring, far easier to clean than carpets! But otherwise, I want my wee girlie home. I think for her in herself home will be better.

Think My mum would prefer us both here if she has the choice, though she'd rather not have cat in the house...

Hope everyone else is coping alright with the current conditions they are facing right now - both weather wise and life in general.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #3

A quarter to 4 and it's nearly dark here. We finally did have some snow overnight; central Reading was quite affected although the gritters had been out unlike last year's debacle. I thought the journey to school would be awful but there was actually less snow on the rural high ground than in the town . . . which was good!

I have my trusty 22 year old snow boots with me, smart new ones are due to arrive tomorrow - just in time for the snows to melt

Have to pop into Next on the way home as Dominik's cool, slouchy boots have arrived http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/boys/olderboys/45/5?extra=sch&n=boys&pid=710-163&returnurl=%2fshop%2fcategory%2dboots%2dgender% 2dolderboys%2dgender%2dyoungerboys%2d0%3fx%3d1%26n xti%3d0%26nxtv%3d0%23710%2d163&bct=%26quot%3bShop% 20By%20Product%26quot%3b%26nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp% 3bBoots%26nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bOlder%20Boys%26 nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bYounger%20Boys (blimey, that's a long link!!).

My twitter feed is buzzing like mad with all the comments about the just-announced news that the World Cup has been awarded to Russia . . . yawn

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #4

Been freezin' here today, no more snow, but what is lying is solid!!!Had a day at home doing all the things I kept putting off...Took the mutts across the fields, lost poor old Gyp she is so short she disappeared in the snow!
Cats are all playing up, they cannot get out, so have a lot of pent up energy.....Ollie & Casper are doing zoomies round the room....
Keep warm everyone...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #5

Do like those boots Yola, my kind of thing....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #6

Brrr! Coldest day of the season so far; not awful compared to what some of you have been having, but not nice! Only 2 C (35 F); cloudy, really feel it after the above normal Summer. This cold is supposed to stick around for a week... Only out to rescue the paper and will stay inside and warm the rest of the day, I really am a wimp about cold weather. The City's big leaf machine is out vacuuming up all the fallen leaves, very noisy!

A pity about Winchester, MrsH, Love the boots, Yola! Glad you rescued your handbag, Squirrel, and hope Cloud's feeling better today. Stay warm, Moli.

Take care, everyone.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: MOGGIE
02-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #7

Bloomin freezing here. I spent over an hour digging my car out the drive lol Removed snow approx 12 inches deep from roof of car alone lol
My dogs are going out for the loo and dissapearing, poor doggies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #8

Thwarted Thursday - very apt title MrsH! Sorry your trip to Winchester had to be postponed. I also love goldfinches and spotted one lonely little lovely in the garden yesterday.

We woke up to about 8 inches of snow and it's been snowing slightly most of the day. We didn't get our few hours off either today although we had been prepared for it not to happen as MIL's carer of course can't get here today. OH and I had to pick MIL up from her floor this morning. Lord knows how long she'd been there - luckily she'd been able to pull the duvet down over her, so she wasn't too cold but still ............. the trouble with having emergency equipment like alarms is of course when a person doesn't remember that they can pull the cord to summon help. Bit like the alarm she had when she lived on her own - it was meant to be worn around her neck, but of course she didn't and in the end had to pay for it because she lost it and we were never able to find it!

We have done some more internet shopping and written a good half of our cards.

Harley really bit me this morning and drew blood. Can't really think why ..... and although of course he has been fed today, I don't feel like making a fuss of him. I'd got used to Merlin being a funny old boy and taking chunks out of people, me included but Kizzy and Pip have lulled me into a state of false security as neither of them bite or scratch. I don't think I'd approached him any differently .... but he must have felt threatened.

Ah well. Glad to hear everyone is safe, if not very warm! Home made lasagne tonight. Keep safe everyone.

PS - I like those boots too Yola! Lucky Domi.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #9

Hello everyone,
ouch , Angie , i wonder if Harley bit because his paw is still soar ? Glad your MIL was ok.
Yola, i like Domi's boots, very nice.
Eileen i don't blame you for staying in, nice and warm.
MrsH sorry your visit didn't happen, the Gold finches came to cheer you.
Kate i hope you have got yourself and Cloud sorted out.
Moli, hope the Cats have settled down now.
Bart, we haven't got enough snow to lose the Dog, yet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #10

Nice morning at work, helping the children decorate their Christmas tree and singing carols. You have to prepare early in a nursery.
Went for a walk by the canal which was frozen solid, we had to keep Malaika on a lead for safetys sake. We did see a man walking on the canal.
Howard's birthday today so i wrote him a message in the ice on the canal .
Having an Indian takeaway now, Howard didn't want to go out so this is his celebration