Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #1

Wintery Wednesday

Brrrr... Well, yet another cold snowy start to the day in D-line, and yet another day off work due to bad weather. I'm amazed (and a bit impressed) at the number of people who are getting into the office right now. No chance for me this morning - feet of snow, and buses not running - and if I got in would I get back...

I am missing Cloud though - really wish everything was back to normal, and I could be at home with kittenly and the car and work, but it isn't and we do both have safe, warm and dry places to stay, so am counting my blessings that way.

Hope everyone else is doing alright, despite the freeze we seem to have on right now...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #2

Re: Wintery Wednesday

Morning Squirrel and all to follow. Glad to hear you are still safe and warm, if not going anywhere fast. Can't imagine what it must have been like for all those people stuck in their cars and lorries overnight. Makes me wonder how other countries that are used to such conditions cope. Perhaps it's just we never hear about Canadians or Norwegians stuck because of the weather.

We woke to fresh snow this morning - not that much, about an inch or so but on top of yesterday's melt which had frozen solid. The minor roads are treacherous and MIL's carer couldn't come out and another appointment cancelled. OH couldn't get out for his golf lesson.

Onwards with the Xmas cards then. At least we're warm, dry and safe. I've put out more bird food and the sky looks like we are in for more snow. I do hope all Catseyers are warm and safe as well.

Don't forget QUIZ tonight if you can join us - hopefully we can all have a chuckle and enjoy a break from the weather! Dandysmom is quiz mistress tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #3

Apart from a few dustings there is absolutely no snow here! I did take a torch and blanket with me in the car though to pick up the boys in their rural backwater, but didn't need them as it was clear. Traffic was horrendous though as I think many were anticipating snow and had set off early from work as a result.

I have a sore throat and general aches and pains which on top of my sore left heel and sore right achilles tendon is making me feel like an octogenerian! Still, the chirpodist and his heat treatments is starting to help so I will continue with them.

My projects are slowing down a bit which is good as I can start to focus on more strategic aspects of the business; I'm also going to recruit a junior member of staff to assist my 2 more senior project managers which will then hopefully release me fully to focus on the marketing of the business again.

Right - off to heat up my soup

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
01-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #4

Hi all, still at home like a few others I guess. Snow - yuk, looks lovely but not great when you need to get out and about.

Squirrel, shame you're without Cloud but at least you know she's safe.

Angie - shame the carer can't get to you, it puts a bit more pressure on you. I must start my cards soon.

Yola, hope you keep better soon. Can't imagine what it would have been like stuck in the car with two small boys - quite scarey I'd think.

Keep safe all and see you at quiz tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #5

There was no more snow overnight but it's just starting again, very fine stuff and the sky's still fairly light so who knows if it's going to get worse? The gritter's just gone past my house, we're not on a main road it's more of an access route to quite a lot of houses further on so it makes sense for them to try to keep it clear, the snow/ice was a bit compacted on the road earlier and everyone was being very careful!

I've just paid a deposit with the kitchen company and the order for the new oven etc. has been placed. It's a local, independent company still run by the same man who fitted our kitchen 14 years ago. It may not be the cheapest option but he's reliable, very helpful and in any case we like supporting local companies whenever we can.

Hope everyone has some warming soup today, not just Yola!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #6

like squirrel, we have had alot of snow fall during teh night stranding the car in the street and neither of us being able to get to work again today.

We are just having a nice relaxing afternoon in the house with harris who i think is enjoying us being in at the moment as he gets loads more cuddles!!!

How is everyone else getting on?

Angie, thats not good about the carer not getting out and i know that your OH will be disappointed at not getting his golf lesson!! We are missing not being able to get a game of golf in due to the weather!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #7

Hi all! Not snowing here, but horrid weather: the predicted cold front with high winds and torrential rain is here! It was 18 C (64 F) earlier in the morning, has dropped to 6 C (42 F) now and heading lower. My newspaper, although bagged, was sopping wet when I dashed out to rescue it, it's drying on the radiator now ... cannot miss my news, comics and crossword. And the roof leak which I thought had finally been repaired .... wasn't! A small leak still, fired off a cross e-mail to the roofer, who says he'll be back tomorrow. Bah! Had planned a day in because of the forecast, so a nice lie-in. Waiting for my new phone which is due today; Carolyn will be over to help me connect it to the computer.

I'm so sorry your bad weather continues and so many are stuck indoors. A pity about the carer and OH's golf lesson, Angie, and your golf game too, Pamela. Yola, sorry you're still poorly, enjoy the soup. MrsH, hope the kitchen refitting goes well.

We haven't lost power due to the high winds, so planning to see you at the quiz tonight at 8:15 ... if I don't show, you'll know why!

Please stay safe and warm, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #8

Afternoon all flutterings of snow but not as bad as some have got it.

Will attempt to be at the quiz......see you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #9

Evening all, no more snow here today, went into work, although we are forecast to have a lot tonight. hubby is back from Italy after his flight was cancelled yesterday.

Chicken curry for dinner tonight..... Yummy.

Stay safe and warm everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #10

Evening all! It's cold and still snowing at the moment only small flakes but enough to cover the nice clean road so haven't ventured far. Nothing like Scotland and the south&east though, poor people must be so unhappy.

Making a nice corned beef stew and have curry for tonight . the stew will come for tomorrow, thickening overnight.
Don't know if we'll make it to the day hospital tomorrow, will wait and see.

Have a good quiz, sorry I can't join in, I have other jobs to get on with that must be done no rest for the wicked!