Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #1

St Andrews Tuesday

Haven't started one of these in a loooooong time

Happy St Andrews day to all.

We had more snowfall here during the night, so we're all happy lol, but nowhere near the amount that my relatives in Scotland have had! Schools are all open thank goodness.

Todays plan is to pull all the Christmas decs out and sort them out for putting up tonight. Then I have a meeting at the school to start putting in place the help needed for Hayley. Apart from that I'l be sitting in the house hopefully watching more snow falling .

Have a good day everyone x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #2

Re: St Andrews Tuesday

Morning - I hope apart from enjoying the snow you'll be celebrating your national patron saint in style with a tot of whiskey later on Alex!

Well, I've been out to drop the boys off at school out in the rural back of beyond, where the snow was starting to fall quite steadily as I was leaving - I joked with them that they would be boarding if I couldn't get back up there today; they weren't impressed . Being St Andrew's School they are having celebrations today and are flying the Scottish flag and also the school flags in the grounds.

I'm now back in the town centre at my desk; there's very little snow here but some horrid cold sleet lashing down - I have my snow boots with my just in case .

Myshka's taken to spending the night on the bed snuggling up against me, but Fifi and Balie continue to reside in the basement, they both sleep on warm fluffy towels so hopefully aren't feeling the cold too much (the heating goes off at night).

Right, off to get some bits and bobs done . . . keep warm everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #3

I will be having a whiskey tonight Yola, just a pity it's Bushmills, an IRISH one , but it's the only one we have in the cupboard. I bought it for hubbys birthday back in April, and it's hardly been touched. Big drinkers we are not

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #4

Happy St Andrew's Day to my Celtic cousins in the Northern lands . Be sure to have a wee dram (even if it's Bushmills, ) and keep the insides as warm as your outers. Yes, it's mighty chilly all over and I haven't been outside yet but the old snow is still as solid as was and we had a dusting on top last night.

Have to brave it later to go to Curves and collect Tom from school, until then, I'm sorting out Christmas cards to send abroad and going through my list to amend addresses etc.
Sad part is crossing out the departed ones

On a happier note my social diary is chocka, have a few trips out organised and panto's and parties next week. Now to get the hair and nails sorted to have to make appointments ASAP.

Yola, must be lovely to have Myshka cuddling in like a big fluffy hottie, Posh is content just to curl up on a sofa cushion in her own company. Still, always a reliable 7am alarm snow or no snow!

Take care, keep cosy, see you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #5

Happy St. Andrew's Day everyone. I have Scottish rellies so might just have to raise the wee dram tonight in their honour! Always willing to do that for anyone's patron saint!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Have to brave it later to go to Curves and collect Tom from school, until then, I'm sorting out Christmas cards to send abroad and going through my list to amend addresses etc.
Sad part is crossing out the departed ones
OH and I are doing the same today PP! It's the hardest part and I always feel more relaxed when it's over and done with.

We have had a dusting of snow overnight and the sky is heavy with more. Kizzy and Pip have both been out and back and out and back several times. Harley has been in for his breakfast too and I am sorry to say he is limping slightly - OH examined his foot yesterday and said he thought is was no longer swollen. I'll have to have another look at it next time Harley-Warley pops in for another meal.

OH has had to cancel golf today because the course is closed due to the snow and frozen ground.

Keep warm and safe everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
30-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #6

Happy St Andrew's day to all.

We have had more snow overnight. OH getting worried about the weather being so bad so early.

I am working from home so makes a big difference not having to slip and slide into the town for work.

Yola, love kitty hot water bottles, ours don't get into bedroom at night any more as they were just really silly and spent a good part of the night doing chases over our heads.

Hope you get al the dec's sorted out and the meeting with the school goes ok Alexgirl.

PP - you have reminded me that I really must try and get our abroad cards done in time this year. I'm sure our rel's abroad think we celebrate 3 weeks later than everyone else.

Angie - shame OH had to miss his golf, hope Harley gets better soon.

Keep safe and warm all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #7

Happy St Andrews day to all my fiends in Scotland.
We have a slight cover of snow i think or it could be frost, either way the ground is White. Took Malaika for her doggy playdate, she found two friends but was a bit too interested in eating rabbit droppings, the dirty girl.
Angie i was thinking about what Kazz said about your drugs and i agree, surely in this day and age you shouldn't have to put up with the cramping, there must be other drugs to try. Hope Harley's paw is ok.
Alex hope the school meeting goes well.
CM hope you are feeling a bit better.
PP you sound like you have a busy time coming up.
Yola our hot water bottle is canine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #8

It's snowing quite steadily here now, there was a slight covering when we got up and it's been falling as rather wet snow off and on all morning. The stuff we've got now looks drier and fluffier, it's certainly lying! Being retired it's so nice not to have to worry about having to cope with the roads to get to work but we still worry about our family members having to do it of course.

Today was my regular hair appointment and afterwards MrH and I went to the company that did our kitchen all those years ago to see about a new oven. We thought we might as well upgrade the hob and extractor at the same time and the good news is that he doesn't see any problem in getting it done before Christmas looks like we might have a proper meal on the day after all. What an expensive year this has been OH has now discovered a wiring fault in his new car so that is currently back at the dealer's for them to sort out, at least that won't have to be paid for. Good job I have a car too which of course we're now having to share!

Snow's getting heavier! Happy St Andrew's to all Scots, keep safe in this weather everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #9

Well that's me in for now. Waiting on a parcel to arrive but have a feeling I have missed it . Snow still falling but nothing like it has been, just small flurries. The roads are a bit better, well the main roads anyway.
Had Rayne at the vets forst thing, she has lost a little more weight and is not eating well. Had me up at 4.30 this morning, her poor tummy is just gurgling. Vet thinks she may have low level IBS so she has a short course of steriods and a restricted diet for now. Her spey has been cancelled until we can get ontop of her tummy issues.
Bernie and Milly are fast asleep in bed.
I am also expecting my new van crates to arrive at some point today, weather permitting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #10

Sorry to hear about poor Rayne Elaine, hope the vet can sort it all out for her!