Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #1

Sounds like Snowy Monday

My thoughts are with Scottish Catseyers and those along the east coast - the pictures on the News have been horrid. Nice day here on the south coast - blue sky, sunshine but chilly -1 atm.

MIL is meant to be having a visit from the home ophthalmology service this morning, but the chap hasn't arrived yet. He comes a long way from East Sussex, so I wonder if the weather over that way is bad.

I have a GP appointment this afternoon - not a doctor I have seen before, but I'll just take all my meds with me and see if he can suggest anything.

Keep warm and safe folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #2

Re: Sounds like Snowy Monday

thanx for the safe wishes. Here in cumbernauld it is bad, we have atleast a foot of snow outside and wasnt able to get to work today because the car is snowed in and the street is quite deep with snow. this is a pic of my walk in the park across from us yesterday.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

hope you get on ok at the docs

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #3

Hi All! Today I managed to thaw the car out and took it for a spin to Tesco. We have been in-house since last Friday and now milk stocks were low. The snaow is only about 2" deep but the frozen ice on top makes the side streets treacherous. Luckily our cul-de-sac was given a grit box last year and we spread that out on Sunday so that cars could be mobile today. The mains are clear though so we can get about.

I have considered the wild birds and put fat balls and a bag of peanuts on my magnolia tree out front. However Posh has decided to camp out on the window sill, the warm air wafting over her, she blissfully watches the tree for any movement and the birds have sussed this out no more birds!

Take care all, you lasses up north especially, I'll try & post pics later.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
thanx for the safe wishes. Here in cumbernauld it is bad, we have atleast a foot of snow outside and wasnt able to get to work today because the car is snowed in and the street is quite deep with snow. this is a pic of my walk in the park across from us yesterday.

[IMG]

[/IMG]

hope you get on ok at the docs
Hopefully your walk in the park will be slightly bigger now ....

It looks so picturesque!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #5

It looked quite nice and bright when I set off this morning. Took Rayne to the beech for a bit of a run before heading off to walk a few dogs. Several had already cancelled so didnt have many to do. Then the sky went black, we have had thunder and lghtning again, hail stone and more snow. Needless to say dogs didnt get a long walk, just enough to releive themselves. Took me more than an hour to get home, and it's normally a ten to fifteen minute journey.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...g?t=1291042284
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...g?t=1291042284

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
29-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #6

Keep safe wishes for all posters who are experiencing this horrid weather at the moment, here there's no snow but there may be some on the way overnight.

It's bad news on my oven I'm afraid the fault has been identified - the fan has burnt out the fan circuit board which is an obsolete part and unavailable I now have to get a new oven and have it fitted for Christmas, I suppose we could just have sausage and mash with a sprig of holly on the top!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #7

The sky looks very threatening here ........ just got back from the doctor's. Not particularly good news - I either have to stop the hormone pills and go back to the cramping etc. or put up with the breathlessness. I'm opting for the cramping, which at least can be numbed with alcohol.

Bad news about your oven MrsH - do hope you can get a new one fitted in time.

Elaine - your weather sounds horrendous! Glad you are home safe though, even if it took you so much longer than normal. You (and other weather-sufferers) have my sympathies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #8

I'm so sorry so many are having dreadful weather! Do stay safe and indoors if possible.

First frost!! A light one, not a killing one, although the basil looks a bit frazzled; all the leaves and grass had a dusting of silver when I left this morning on the way to the market and library. Not quite as cold as the wind has veered South, presently 6 C (42 F). little wind and blue skies. Heavy rain coming tomorrow and Wednesday so have stocked up on fresh produce so won't have to go out until Friday.

Angie, hope the chap made it for your MIL, and so sorry about the decision cramping/breathing. You can put that vodka to work! Oh MrsH, how annoying about the oven, hope you can get a new one in by the holiday. Mags, thanks for fixing the pic, and Pamela, lovely shot but makes me shiver looking at it! Elaine, glad you're home safely. PP, hope Posh will nap soon so the poor birdies can eat peacefully!~

Please take care, all, hope the weather improves and the streets are passable again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #9

Hello everyone,
very frosty on the drive to work this morning, then it snowed just a little.
Had dinner with an old friend and did some catching up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
29-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #10

Evening all, work today and then home, heating has been turned up, hubby is away in Italy this evening but back tomorrow.

Reheated stew and cous cous for dinner tonight.

Sorry to hear about your oven mrsH, that is a pain.

We had a bit of snow this morning but nothing else so far, although forecast is saying snow this evening. Luckily I can work from home if it is bad tomorrow.