Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #21

Re: Sunday snowday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Hi all! Cold here but sunny: 4 C (39 F), winds died down. Still didn't get the first frost in the City last night, very late this year ... not that I'm complaining!

The answering machine on my land line phone has gone bonkers: just loud static instead of the message. I've tried all the usual remedies ... yelling at it, thumping it vigorously and when all else failed, consulted the manual, to no avail. So am on line shopping for a new phone... one on Amazon looks promising; will have a friend who knows electronics take a look at it and see if it will work with my computer; I'm not good at this sort of thing.

Your weather sounds just horrid in most places; hunker down and stay warm! Elaine, thundersnow is rare and sort of scary ... not what you expect in Winter! Angie, sorry the breathing is giving you problems All the dinners sound nice: ham and cabbage here tonight.

Please stay warm and be careful if you have to venture out .. is the forecast for better weather?
Eileen that (highlighted above made me laugh out loud Thank you

Your ham and cabbage always makes my mouth water it sounds so tasty and nice.

You buy loads on the web don't you. Bet it beats fightening your way round the shops.

Catsey Veteran

28-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
MASHED POTATOES! Yes, we are having mash tonight with liver, bacon, onions and gravy. Probably some cabbage and carrots to brighten up the plate.
A very good choice on a cold cold day. I love the smell of liver cooking but do not like liver.................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Eileen that (highlighted above made me laugh out loud Thank you

Your ham and cabbage always makes my mouth water it sounds so tasty and nice.

You buy loads on the web don't you. Bet it beats fightening your way round the shops.
Thanks, Kazz! Said in jest mostly, but sometimes a good whomp will fix things! I love ham and cabbage: simple comfort food ... carrots, potatoes, onions, a turnip if there are any nice small ones, and a side of home made pickled beets,. Yum!

I hate shopping in stores, do 99% on line, so much simpler, pre-internet I did as much as possible from catalogues. And all done from the comfort of home and delivered to your door; no struggling on and off buses with parcels!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-11-2010, 06:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I do not blame you, I have never seen thunder and lightening when there is snow about..............................
Was a first for me.
Swithering as to whether to start calling and cancelling dogs for tomorrow. Looked at the Scottish traffic report which says Aberdeen roads are passable with caution, by that, they clearly mean the main roads as the side streets are terrible. A few of the dogs would only be let out into their gardens anyway as they collect snow on their fur, making walking difficult for them and I cannt carry them all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Was a first for me.
Swithering as to whether to start calling and cancelling dogs for tomorrow. Looked at the Scottish traffic report which says Aberdeen roads are passable with caution, by that, they clearly mean the main roads as the side streets are terrible. A few of the dogs would only be let out into their gardens anyway as they collect snow on their fur, making walking difficult for them and I cannt carry them all.
Think it safer if you cancel Lainey...Hubby is taking tomorrow off, instead of trying to get to Aberdeen....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Think it safer if you cancel Lainey...Hubby is taking tomorrow off, instead of trying to get to Aberdeen....
Yeah but the roads are worse up your way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #27

Evening all,
sorry to hear you have breathing problems Angie, i expect the cold weather will make it worse. Hope you manage to get Harley's paw sorted too. Do you remember the vid i posted of Barney shaking a paw, well he has gone peacefully over the Rainbow bridge now.
Take care everyone with the snowy weather, at the moment we just have frost.
Eileen hope you get your answer machine sorted, it is good ordering online, i have managed to source two rare books for a christmas pressie, had to pay the earth for them but i'm sure they will be worth it.
Had a lovely frosty walk with Malaika then did a bit more christmas shopping.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
28-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #28

Hi all from a very snowed in CM.

We have had it constantly since last night. Chooks were al standing looking out but decided to stay indoors. Cali not that fussed about going out.

Watched a Weasel run around in out yard today - so agile and fast - it better stay away from my chooks.

Took some lovely pics earlier - will post tomorrow. Going to try to get to work tomorrow. Probably not really fit enough but even if I can get in and back I can bring some work home.

Roast Ham, potatoes and peas followed by raspberries in jelly. Enjoyed it.

Was-9c overnight here but is much warmer tonight only 0c.

Keep safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #29

Oh wow, CM, I've never seen a weasel! Hope the chooks will be OK.... do be careful if you try to get to work tomorrow, it sounds absolutely horrid in Scotland. Where is global warming when we need it??

Catsey Veteran

28-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #30

Elaine I agree on Rayne's tummy upset. Sal used to wee loads when she was due in season. So glad she is spayed. Makes her life more comfortable as she did fret if she needed a wee in the middle of the night.

When is Rayne being spayed?

But I know also my dogs have always got tummy upsets from eating snow.......