Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #1

Sunday snowday....

Morning all, we have at least 12 inches of snow, and more to come, looks like we are stuck for a few day!!Absolutely freezing up here....
Not planned much, take the dogs for a walk over the fields, then a lovely Sunday roast....
Take care everyone...Its snowing again!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
28-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #2

Re: Sunday snowday....

CH on over an hour & its still only 10C upstairs. Car is covered in ice, like a little iceberg! As we are right at the sea, you know its bitterly cold out there otherwise there would be no heavy frost. Temp gauge says its -1.4c outside.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #3

Well we are s;ight;y warmer than you but we are in the centre part of the country.
Still got the scattering/smattering of snow from yesterday and from what I can see from my window (not been further than the gate yet) no more has fallen.

Off out to change something from BHS. Then want to have a look at a few shops. Then home and take the dog out and dinner...roast beef today.

I do not envy all of you with the not so good weather.

See you all later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #4

Morning from a shivery south coast. -2 here atm, but no snow.

OH has gone to the farm shop for a few necessities and to pop MIL's and my prescription repeats in at the surgery - easier on a Sunday, nothing generally in the car park. Then he's going to the driving range to knock some balls about.

My breathing is bad and even having a shower this morning was a real effort. Must make an appointment with the GP, because I suspect that a hormone tab I am taking for a different problem may be upsetting my asthma. See, can't cure one thing without troubling something else.

Catties are in and out, Harley is still limping slightly so call to the vet tomorrow too. We have a busy week next week with appointments so there may be juggling to be done.

Keep warm and safe everyone.

Catsey Veteran

28-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #5

Ohh dear on the breathing front Angie. Hope you get it resolved, there are lots of different brands that have different side effects.

Hope you get it sorted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
28-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #6

Morning all, -3 here today, -6 last night. Nothing planned for today going to cook a nice beef stew later with herb dumplings. have a good one and stay warm .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
28-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #7

I've no idea what the overnight temperature was here, but the car was covered in a hard frost and the birdbath fully frozen this morning. The dog is squeezing himself tight against the skirting to get as far underneath the radiator as he can and is very speedy when he needs to go for a pee outside!

No Sunday roast today, I've got a chicken dish chugging away in the slow cooker and I think I'll do a load of mashed potato to go with it. There's something so comforting about mash on a cold day!

Catsey Veteran

28-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #8

Toally agree there is something about Mash. Yummy.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
28-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #9

We have the same snow as Moli and its been blowing so we have some very odd drifts which means the dogs sink in places

Cats all grounded much to their horror but no way can we even let them out we wouldn't be able to find them!

We are just walking the dogs in whats left of the tyre tracks from yesterday and thats over the wellie level now thankgoodness for waterproof trousers!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #10

MASHED POTATOES! Yes, we are having mash tonight with liver, bacon, onions and gravy. Probably some cabbage and carrots to brighten up the plate.