Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #1

Snowy Saturday

Good morning all!
The white stuff started to fall here yesterday at lunchtime and has continued, now its about 2" deep, just enough to be trouble for transport and great for playing in. Had the jitters yesterday as my parents were travelling back from Torquay on a coach and I was concerned that they would be able to get back into the valley but they made it home safely.

Posh has bunked down and slept most of the time, she tried to get out in it once but had a bit of a shock in the cold so is content to window watch.

I have to get my snow boots out and clear the drive later as I have get to my friend. He's a bachelor aged 64 whose elderly mum is in hospital and he doesn't drive and needs transport to see her. Ceri is still in Sleepsville so will go and wake him now and put him to work on breakfast while I shower. See you later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
27-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #2

Re: Snowy Saturday

Morning!

Very cold and heavy frost, but so far the snow has held off here in Kent (thank god!).

Up early and notice the bunnies' water bowls have frozen over, so it must of been REALLY cold overnight..

Up early to take Emma (daughter) to a trial day for a job. She is currently doing a college course for Hairdressing but this interview is for an apprenticeship at a hairdressers in town. Fingers crossed they like her!

Tidying up today, and cleaning out the bunny playhouses and maybe the gym/swim later.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #3

Its finally snowed here. Cumbernauld is totally covered in snow. Looking really nice and great for photography.
Harris was trying to catch the snow last night when he was sitting on the window sill watching it fall. Really sweet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #4

Morning all, very cold here today but no snow as yet. nothing much planned for today but we are going out this evening for a meal with a couple of hubby's works colleagues, thinking of getting a taxi there and back as normally one of us would drive so it will make a nice change especially if it is icy out.

Have a good one everybody and stay warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
27-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #5

We finally got snow this morning, woo hoo The funny thing is, Hayley has gone off to the snowdome in Tamworth with her saturday club lol. Kind of takes the shine off of seeing snow when there's some outside.
Already done the water bottles and feed for the outsiders. The guinea pigs squeaked the place down at me, I obviously wasn't going fast enough
The rest of the day is going to be sat in the nice warm house, hoping it snows again 'cause I love watching it fall

And Pamela, I didn't realise I had a fellow Noddy on the board . My hubby and I are from Cumbernauld

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
27-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #6

No snow here in the Hampshire/Surrey/Berkshire borders but you never know!

Good news early this morning, the cooker repair company phoned and there's been a cancellation so they can come on Monday next week instead of 6th Dec, so fingers crossed it all gets fixed soon

Jason is having a bit of a mad morning, racing around upstairs sounding like a herd of elephants while his sister Molly is just staring at him in that disapproving way that straight-laced killjoys use. Morgan is trying to sleep off his walk and keeps being disturbed by the noise, grunts heavily and turns over again. Who needs tv when animal watching is so much more entertaining!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #7

Alexgirl73, Im not originally from cumbernauld, my OH is from here so i have just emigrated from Bankie land!!! (clydebank) lol When did you move away?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
27-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #8

I know Clydebank well too as I am originally from Drumchapel and Yoker

We've been away 18 yrs altogether, but we regularly visit Cumbernauld as our families still live there. In fact we'll be up again in about 3 weeks, and hubby is just back last week from visiting his mum and dad and helping them out

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #9

Afternoon all! It's 0 here and no blue sky to make it feel warmer today. No snow here though. OH and I have filled the bird feeders this morning and rescued the bird table. We had to lie it down behind the greenhouse in the Spring because Pip had leapt from the ground on one occasion and caught a blue tit. I am hoping that he is too heavy to manage that acrobatic feat now.

Harley is fast asleep in the warm kitchen. I am afraid that I should have gone back to the vet yesterday with him. His foot has not reduced in swelling today and he winced when I touched it gently, so it is obviously still troubling him. Ah well, the anti-bs should still be working so I think I'll phone again on Monday. He is putting his foot on the ground and doesn't seem to be limping .....

We have "reviewed" the progress of our first batch of sloe vodka this morning. This involved tasting and we decided it definitely needed more sugar and more vodka! We have also put our second batch in for it's first steep - the sloes had been in the freezer for a while. I must check back on the Catsey daily threads to remind myself of when they were picked - end of October I think.

Keep warm and safe everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
27-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #10

Afternoon all

Snow here overnight poor OH has a long cold slog of a day now.

From the warmth of the house it looks lovely. The chooks are wandering around a bit bemused looking. Will give them some warm mash later I think.

Cut the kittens claws with the help of OH, Breagh is no prob - Izzi has left her mark, little madam!

Not much doing here today. I have a list of tasks in my head, we'll see how many I achieve.

Hope you get that drive cleared PP - good workout Wish Emma good luck in her job trial Donna.

Love the noises GP's make - reminds me of when I had them and they knew I gave them a treat when I got in from school - they got to know the gate and started up in chorus.
Good news about the cooker date MrsH, Taxi sounds like good idea EmmaG.

Sorry about the paw angieh - maybe it'll settle again.

Stay safe all those with snow. Enjoy the day peeps.