Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #1

Friday

Morning all;

Off to work soon but just popped on to say "Morning"

Hope everyone is good lots of pictures of snow in the morning paper....so everyone stay upright.

See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
26-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #2

Re: Friday

Morning all! Well, I think beyond dressing, packing the car, and putting kittenly in her cat box I'm pretty well ready to go. A few other jobs I could do, but nothing serious if it waits til am back home again...

No snow here - but the destination, and roads, apparently have pretty well non-stop snow... Am seriously wondering if it will all be called off in the end...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #3

A glorious, if cold day here. It is 3C currently, but started off -4 around 8 o'clock this morning.

My new raspberry canes arrived yesterday and I was a bit worried that the ground would be too frozen to plant them. Luckily my gardening man came this morning and said that only the surface was frozen and it would be fine, so they are all planted. Looking forward to Tayberries too next year!

Harley came for his breakfast and I think his paw is a lot better, although still a little puffy on top. I will take him back to the vet next week if it hasn't completed gone down by Monday. He has got a bit of shape back and the poorly paw is looking a lot more like his other back paw now. He is such a lovely cat - I wish he could change his ways. We have a new game here now - called cat shuffling! Harley is allowed in the kitchen if Kizzy and Pip are out or asleep but we have to shuffle cats and food bowls to suit and remember to keep doors closed!! Quite funny really.

Hope everyone is warm, safe and dry. Wonder if your camp will be cancelled Squirrel - I suppose it depends on how many people will be able to get there? I saw that you really enjoy it, so I do hope that all is well and it goes ahead.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #4

Hi all - still off sick. Think it was flu I have had. On the mend and feeling fine but am exhusted if I do anything so I am being forced to sit on the sofa, cuddled up to the catlings. Warm fire, afternoon TV, supply of diet coke and crisps. Alternating between Catsey, a virtual horse game I play and family history research. OH says it is v cold out. He is now away out for the day with a friend. Someone came to the door, by the time I extracted myself from the above they had gone - wonder if that was a shame or a relief!! haha.

Glad Harley continues to improve. Shame you need to shuffle, as you said if he'd just learn to be one of the gang.

Hope you get away ok squirrel.

Enjoy the day Kazz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #5

Afternoon Catsey friends,
glad your feeling a bit better CM, your day sounds very nice.
It's great that Harley's paw is getting better Angie. We too do some shuffling, i know what you mean. Next doors cat comes in through the cat flap and usualy goes into the kitchen on a chair, i'm working on getting Malaika to be calm around her but we do tend to shut the door for safetys sake. Once Malaika has gone to bed, Lulu then curls up on the settee.
Work for me this morning, there is certainly some bad tempered women around :O
Probs take Malaika out soon.Tom and Jerry have been enjoying the patches of sunshine in the lounge.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #6

Sorry, somehow managed to post before I was finished....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #7

Hi, people! Light rain overnight, damp and cloudy but not too chilly ATM, 12 C (54 F), but a promised cold front coming later in the day will drop temperatures dramatically;; we may finally get the first frost in the City tonight... goodbye, fresh basil and chilis! Tomatoes have finished, onions and potatoes dug; so finally a late end to the growing season. Last lie-in day, need to market tomorrow; just pottering and paying bills so far. My nice neighbor with the leaf blower has just finished clearing the walks!

MrsH, how is the oven saga coming along? CM, sorry you've had such a bad session with the flu; Squirrel, hope your camp won't be cancelled. Good to hear Harley's paw is better; if only he'd get over his bullying ways!!

Stay warm and dry, drive carefully in the snow if you have to go out!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
26-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #8

Hope you'll soon be over your flu CM, it's rotten when things drag on.

Today an old friend who is our son's Godmother popped over for a visit, cue lots of gossiping and swapping stories from said son's wedding (how come she saw a load of different people from the ones I saw? I don't remember a hugely pregnant woman or a bloke with his arm in plaster!) Then we went out for lunch to the pub

We also swapped oven horror stories, hers broke down one Christmas morning I now have a service visit arranged by the way so hopefully mine can be fixed.

I've not been shopping yet so have to go to the supermarket this evening, sometimes there are bargains late Friday but they tend to have run out of bananas

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby with ginger & a black & white
26-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #9

Hiya, Its sooooo cold here! Me and Mitsy are cuddled up together on the sofa.
My Rott X GSD Bailey went to see the orthopaedic consultant again today as he was diagnosed with Polyarthritis about two months ago and he was really pleased with his progress and reduced his steroids again which is great as I really can't cope with all this excessive urinating! Hopefully he will continue to improve. Going to look into hydrotherapy for him as he has lost so much muscle.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
26-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #10

Evening all, work for me today, had to go to the main office which meant a trip on a120, m11, and m25 all good fun, popped to the shops on the way home, and now relaxing with a glass of wine, iPad, slanket and cat on my lap.

No snow here ...yet lol

Have a good evening all.