Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #1

Nearly weekend Thursday

Afternoon all,
Been to work this morning, then homemade veg broth and herby dumplings for dinner.
Tom and Jerry all snug and warm inside, i've still got to take Malaika out on her walk.
Great quiz night last night, what a turnout

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #2

Re: Nearly weekend Thursday

Hi Shelley - I do like the sound of veg broth and herby dumplings! We have jacket pots, sweet corn and cheese tonight. OH and I have been out and got very cold, but had a nice walk around Chichester Marina - have some photos to post later. When we got back to the car for coffee and sandwiches, I couldn't stop shivering and still feel a bit cold. Just about to have a nice cuppa and hope that will solve the problem. Had all the gear on too. I find my legs get coldest!

Pip was home when we returned but Kizzy was out - now Kizzy is home and Pip has gone out. Harley is warming himself in the kitchen. His foot is again a little better than yesterday I feel. He is walking normally and although I still think his foot is a bit swollen, I have cancelled his appointment at the vet tomorrow but will re book on Monday if his foot is not back to normal - unfortunately vet is closed over the w/end. I hope I have made the right decision!

Yes, the quiz was excellent last night Shelley - it is great that we have more members playing now. Well done everyone who participated!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #3

Hello Shelley and Angie and all to follow, it's a bit chilly here today but thankfully no snow. Hope our friends up north and on the east side of the UK are coping well with their weather.

Took Ceri to his Day Hospital then off to Curves for me burnt up 385 calories in my workout and am feeling good.
Then had a few things to drop off at the church hall for the bazaar (?sp) and met my friend for lunch.

Herby dumplings sound great, just the thing for this weather, Shelley. Hope Harley's foot gets better, Angie, will check out your Chichester pics later . Hope you didn't catch a cold, but I think that all that fresh air will have done your immune system good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #4

Hi all and those to follow. Dank and dismal weather for Thanksgiving, rain overnight 6 C (43 F), but we're spared the snowy weather some parts of the country are getting. A good day to count my blessings.

Oh, herbed dumplings sound delicious; haven't had those in ages; will be making stock from the chicken carcass when it's eaten, so guess what I'll be having later in the week? . Angie, hope you've thawed out enough after your excursion; have you tried thermal knee-high socks? Glad Harley seems to be improving. Shelley, great quiz last night and it was so nice to have more members playing, especially new ones. PP, enjoy the lunch.

Stay warm and dry, people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #5

Hello all...

Well, for a day off this one has been extremely busy - and tomorrow looks like it might be more of the same!

shortly before 10 I was picking a friend up to go look at christmas shopping options, and I was with her until gone 1pm (though we were not always shopping!).

Then home for a few hours - had to leave at 3pm for a course, and I've only really been back 15 minutes or so from that! Still, I have my evening in, and pretty well to myself. Just as well, as this is the weekend am away for the weekend, and I've still got all my packing to do.

It's more or less certain that Cloud si going to spend the time with the friend who is mummy to her brother Vivaldi - so she's sorted - hopefully getting there shortly after lunch time (an early lunch!!!) cause I've then to get to Kinross for 3pm - that's about a half hour drive from here... Well, I don't have to do that, but if I do I get a lift from a more experienced driver... Always a plan given some of the roads are already suffering rather a lot from heavy snowfall!

Hope all is well with everyone else!

Catsey Veteran

25-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #6

Where are you going at the weekend Kate ?
I too have an evening to myself. We're going to have a pizza take away then Howards going to visit a friend. My youngest will be up in his room so i will chill out in front of the tv all night.

Catsey Veteran

25-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #7

Going to Aviemore Shelley. Not quite as far as Aberdeen, but...

Catsey Veteran

25-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Going to Aviemore Shelley. Not quite as far as Aberdeen, but...
Lovely, hope you have a great time.
Think i'm starting the christmas shopping this weekend, quite early for me

Catsey Veteran

25-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Lovely, hope you have a great time.
Think i'm starting the christmas shopping this weekend, quite early for me
Thanks, I will do! It's camp, so will have lots of 'kids' and several other adults, and lots of activities... Will probably be Only Fit For Bed when I get back - but that's OK, I have Monday off work...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #10

Have a safe trip and enjoy, Kate. Glad Cloud is sorted.