Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
23-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #1

Back to the grind Monday daily.

Hey,

Its overcast here n still windy.

Ive been to work this morning and Ive finally put my fish tank in the garage! My room looks bare without it .

Now I'm just looking on the net to see if I can get a really good laptop that will play 'The Sims 3' as this computer Ive got now doesn't come close to being able to handle the game (though it can play The Sims 2 quite good ...)

Anyhoo, hope your all having a nice day.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #2

Re: Back to the grind Monday daily.

Morning Janey!

I've been a bit AWOL recently, was working fully over the weekend staying in a different city in a hotel but finally back to normality. It was a bit of a crazy weekend, ended up staying up till 3am on Saturday evening and was probably the most drunk I'd ever been at a work event but everyone assures me I was fine. But I did only get 4 hours sleep and had a horrendous hang over yesterday I came home at 12noon, fell asleep on the couch with Minsky on my chest and Darcy at my feet, woke up 4 hours later with the boys still keeping me company, we all got up stretching and yawning to have dinner and go back to sleep Cats are the best company!

I'm now worried sick though as I just read the post on General Chat about Orijen dry food, and how it has caused some awful symptoms and death with cats in Australlia. I've done some research and it seems Orijen claim it is the iridation (sp?) process that the food goes through there that has created hte problem, so it's isolated to Australlia but I then found one thread where a UK person's cat went from healthy to dead in 72 hours with exactly the same symptoms after eating Orijen. I'm going to throw out the bag of food I have as soon as I get home. My two have 3 wet pouches a day, and I mix in a small bit of Orijen with Go-Cat, and they actually usually eat round the Orijen as they don't seem to like it - I only gave it to them because it was supposed to be so good for them.

Oh lord I need to stop worrying. I'm sure it'll be fine. The sun is out, that must be a good sign that today will be a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #3

I must have missed that thread meep - yikes! Thankfully I feed RC. It's good to see you back by the way, you were conspicuous by your absense

It's cloudy and cool here but still spring-like . . . it just smells different doesn't it. I made the mistake of drinking red wine last night and today I'm paying for it We have a staff review to do at lunchtime and I've got a lovely copywriting job to start for a furniture design company website in Inverness.

Early night tonight methinks as I'm ever so tired Just can't take the pace anymore!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

23-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #4

Yola - the Daily Thread must have been half the size without my mini-epic posts!

Yes, I was cursing myself Sunday morning for the mix of Champagne, White Wine, Souther Comfort and Tequila. Red wine is awful for head aches too, even if only a little is consumed. Hope it clears up, a big hearty lunch should do the trick

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #5

Rather dull here today, think I'll get out into the front garden and cut back the leaves on the hellebores, they're looking good but the flowers are a bit obscured by the foliage. I keep hoping that they're going to sell-seed all over the place like they're supposed to but the seedlings always seem to die off or get disturbed by foraging blackbirds. Last year I potted some baby plants up and they look quite good, too young to flower just yet but sturdy enough to survive so I think I might plant them out.

Enjoy Monday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
Hope it clears up, a big hearty lunch should do the trick
Bowl of chips and some Pinot Grigio . . . does that count as a hearty lunch

Almost a Veteran Member

23-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #7

Well hair of the dog can also work wonders

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #8

OK - just have to "chip" in and say I wonder why it's "the hair of the dog" rather than "hair of the cat"???? Any ideas anyone?

Almost a Veteran Member

23-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #9

"Hair of the dog that bit you".

I guess because cats don't bite? Could be "hair of the cat that scratched you"

I'm not sure WHY a hair of the dog that bit you would make you feel better, an old wives tale?

Almost a Veteran Member

23-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #10

Here's what I found:

An alcoholic beverage consumed as a hangover rememdy. The phrase comes from the expression "hair of the dog that bit you", meaning that the best cure for what ails you is to have some more of it. In ancient times it was literally used to say that if a dog were to bite you, putting the dog's hair into the wound would heal it. "Like cures like". This hangover remedy is not recommended because a) it leads to a bad habit of drinking during the day and b)it doesn't really work very well. Still, this method works about as well as most other hangover remedies.

It seems that it is literally true when the phrase came about, putting the dogs hair in the wound would help heal it?! I guess the same can't be said about putting a cat hair in the scratch!