Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #1

Gardening...

When we moved here 18months ago the garden had a selection of huge shrubs, which had never been pruned!!!I pruned them and the trees last year, but they have become too big and not very healthy..So have decided to remove them all and start again, this weekend the 2 big pampass grasses came out, a buddleia, and a forsythia that had about a dozen leaves on it and 2 lavaters....also a contoneaster which was spreading everywhere, I now have a bed in the front grass with a couple of small shrubs and a tree, its amazing how different it looks, once I have completely weeded it, will then have a think what else to put in...Once that is done I am going to go round the garden removing all the tatty old shrubs...Its going to take some time, but at least this time next year, I should have a nice orderly garden with some healthy plants in it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #2

Re: Gardening...

Pictures . . . ?

Moli - there is no point describing it . . . we need to SEE it

Seriously - did you do all that work yourself? It really sounds like quite a radical change. I've been doing some stuff too (yesterday) . . . . all for the better I say

Catsey Veteran

04-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Pictures . . . ?

Moli - there is no point describing it . . . we need to SEE it

Seriously - did you do all that work yourself? It really sounds like quite a radical change. I've been doing some stuff too (yesterday) . . . . all for the better I say
Hubby cut the pampass grasses down, and dug out the roots, I did the rest..
It will be a big change, but like my garden to look neat and tidy, it was begining to look very tatty, will takr some pictures tomorrow...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #4

A complete makeover! As you may remember my back garden had gotten completely overrun with bamboo, wild rose, honeysuckle, cat briar and other nasties; had to have a landscape crew come and remove everything down to the roots! It had just gotten too out of hand for me to cope. So the yard is only partially re-done at this point; still very much a work in progress. So I understand the job you're doing, and what a challenge it is! Looking forward to pics very much!

Catsey Veteran

04-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #5

I should hopful;ly get all the front done this summer, then have the sides and the back to tackle.....I have a big garden unfortunately!!!

Catsey Veteran

04-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #6

It does take a long while when you're doing it yourself! I remember reading about the days when people kept staff, including a gardener and maybe a gardeners helper....

Catsey Veteran

04-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #7

My neighbour had a gardener in at the weekend cutting her hedges, He thought Hubby was my gardener!!

Catsey Veteran

04-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
My neighbour had a gardener in at the weekend cutting her hedges, He thought Hubby was my gardener!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #9

Totaly agree with Yola on this one...........PICTURES

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Totaly agree with Yola on this one...........PICTURES
I'm with Yola and Kazz too, Moli!

I could really do with a gardener - I'm not physically able to do as much as I would like and although OH will cut the lawn without moaning, he doesn't like gardening and we do have quite a large garden too. It would probably be much too expensive, but if I could find a good one, it would probably be worth the cost as it would take away the worry.