Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #11

Re: Tulips

Stick some nice slabs like I did on your concrete Yola with slab fix its "ready made" then put them close together and sprinkle the gravel inbetween I can and people cna puch prams/pushchairs/wheelbarrows/wheelchairs etc up my pah because the slabs are close enough together. Mine is onto dirt then "hardcore but use your concrete path as hardcore. Looks much better. In my Opinion that is The Tulips are two/three years old and the best they have looked.Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Now you see, I love gravel but OH gets all sniffy about it and says it gets walked into the house. I may just ignore him and gravel over my horrid concrete path in the front garden.

I love you tulips - mine flopped all over the place (and went over about 2 weeks ago), yours are lovely and upright and 'standing to attention'!!
Ah ha - according to my OH you need to make sure you get the RIGHT SIZE AND SORT OF GRAVEL!!!! 10ml land-based gravel is angular and tends to hold together better, whereas the marine-based variety is smooth and gets nicely into the soles of your shoes. It's amazing what men keep in their heads, but sometimes it comes in useful!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #13

Interesting, Angie! It sounds as if your OH might be good at trivia!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Interesting, Angie! It sounds as if your OH might be good at trivia!

35 years in the building trade!