Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-04-2007, 08:22 AM   #11

Re: Climbing Fuchsia

Thanks for the heads-up Kazz - I'll look out for that

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I don't know.....I really don't know about the flowers I have put in an order today...so will plant them when they get here and watch them over the Summer go on ladies Moli/Mags everyone give it a go. Chuck the name in google and it comes up looks lovely though. Although for all I know you can get them from good garden centre's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Karen
Kazz, remember this post from last year about the climbing fuchsia? Did you ever get one, and how did it do? ,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #13

Yes Eileen I did order one and planted it then in my "stupidity I dug it up when I buried Cleo repotted it meant to replant it but I just forgot and found it dead Have replanted the root just in case but no sign of anything yet.

It was doing well when I dug it up.

Catsey Veteran

19-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #14

Oh dear, sorry to hear that; well, these things do happen, unfortunately. I still cannot find one here; had been surfing nursery sites and remembered you were going to get one & was interested in a progress report......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #15

This was an interesting thread - it seems that here in UK at least Thompson & Morgan stock this fuschia

http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk...6337/1?SA=1303

I love fuschias generally and like the look of the colouring of this particular plant!

Catsey Veteran

20-04-2008, 02:14 AM   #16

I get the T & M US catalogue, which doesn't carry this; was hoping that the UK one would have seeds, but apparently not. It must be propagated vegatatively, since no one seems to carry seeds...sigh...

Thanks for the link, Angie, saved me the trouble of doing it!! I'll keep,looking for this plant, which I really really want!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I get the T & M US catalogue, which doesn't carry this; was hoping that the UK one would have seeds, but apparently not. It must be propagated vegatatively, since no one seems to carry seeds...sigh...

Thanks for the link, Angie, saved me the trouble of doing it!! I'll keep,looking for this plant, which I really really want!
Eileen, have you tried Joy Creek Nursery?.....they have the Lady Boothby Fuchsia in stock and you can also request a catalogue from them.

http://www.joycreek.com/034-141.htm

Catsey Veteran

20-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #18

Eileen it was doing very very well. I had hoped it would start again but nothing so far but never give up hope.

Catsey Veteran

20-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Eileen, have you tried Joy Creek Nursery?.....they have the Lady Boothby Fuchsia in stock and you can also request a catalogue from them.

http://www.joycreek.com/034-141.htm
Oh, bless you, Mags!! Why did that site not show up in my Google search? Anyhow I have just ordered one from them, delighted to have finally found it! I think it likes slightly cooler weather than ours here, but will plant it in a moderately shady spot and see! Woo hoo!!!!

Catsey Veteran

20-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #20

Mags is a plant finder - of the highest magnitude.