Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #1

Saturday daily

Well a quiet day here (yes they do happen) done nothing much this morning. Given Sal a bath, and the weather looks dodgy(ish) deciding if to go out for a ride, may well as I am aiming for an hours excercise in some form every day to start with. Now getting fully back into my stride...See Eileen how long it takes.14 months now.
So an hours walk with Sal 3 times a week we are now doing 5 miles in and hour - so not slacking. So the house will be either; walk, bike ride, swim, looking into either boxercise or dance as well as the gym (circuit training) twice a week. As well as Sal's normal walks, and of course work.

Hope you all feel good, Happy weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #2

Re: Saturday daily

Wow, Kazz, ambitious workout! Quiet here today, hope everyone is off having a good time. Lovely day here, but a bit cooler than normal as a front came thru: presently 24 C (75 F), bright blue skies and a gentle breeze, Won't make normal highs today, only 29 C expected.

House looks so strange, all the paintings down from the walls, boxes and boxes of stuff packed ready to go. I've moved into the kitchen ... packing stuff I won't be needing before the move. Amazing the things you find at the very back of the pantry shelves that you had completely forgotten you had ... and not good any more! Friday will be here before I know it.

Hope all are well and having a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #3

Back from our week in Cornwall, shame the weather wasn't great but at least we had some nice long walks and the beaches weren't too busy either which was just as well for a nutty, overexcited cocker as he was able to go racing along and splashing about

Some of the stiles on the country footpaths were unbelievable, i really don't think the farmers wanted walkers crossing their land. A couple of them were 3 or 4 large stones slabs as high steps and then another even bigger slab on top, all of which made them at or even over my height (5ft 3) It was a right giggle trying to get my arthritic limbs up and over that lot and then having to manoeuvre the dog over too! As I lost my balance just after coming over one stile the dog barged into me and sent me flying into the brambles so I have war wounds on my hands now

It's good to be back!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #4

Welcome back MrsH - sorry to hear about your wounds - I particularly hate styles!

Catsey Veteran

25-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #5

Glad you're back! What a vivid word pic of you trying to get over the stile .... I can just see you taking a header into the brambles! Nice to be home, isn't it?! How are Jason and Molly?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #6

Mrs H sometimes the weather being not heatwave hot is good when away with a dog. Ouch on the brambles, I am not a fan of stiles either.....does not help that Sal goes through then back to see where I am back and forth about 5 times while I am considering my next footplace.

Oh yes Elaine is missing................

Catsey Veteran

25-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #7

Has Moli heard from Elaine .......???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #8

evening all.
Welcome back MrsH, glad you had a nice time despite the weather and styles.
Eileen, bet you can't wait to move now.
We have been to Blackpool dog show, we took Malaika, not to show, just to visit and met up with more Basenjis and their people. Malaika met up with her breeder again and we saw her dad and half siblings.
Saw Kwame's breeder too. We haven't a clue whats going on in the ring but enjoy shopping and chatting.
Treated them both to a posh collar and lead each.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
How are Jason and Molly?
We're picking them up tomorrow from the cattery (aka cat boot-camp!) we've not been contacted that anything is amiss so I assume that all is well with them. They've been sharing a pen with benches, climbing frames and scratching posts in it but I expect they won't be talking to us for a while when they come home

Cats do the sulking thing so well don't they?

Catsey Veteran

25-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #10

Oh my yes, I was a non-person for days after Leia returned home from her stay at Carolyn's ... where she was thoroughly fussed over, spoilt and had a lovely time!