Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
14-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #11

Re: mixing breeds within the household?

hmm ok.

im a bit concerned now that the bengal will not like the siamese. i'd hate to at some point buy a siamese and have to rehome him because my bengal didnt like him.

i guess theres always a risk with animals regardless of breed, its all down to personality, but when theres a bigger risk... is it worth it? or down to choosing one from a good breeder who has cats with good temprements.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-01-2007, 10:05 PM   #12

I wasn't prepared to take the risk. Bengals are notoriously difficult to home with other breeds and can be a very difficult breed anyhow and as a multicat household, once I knew this, I am afraid I would have considered myself irresponsible if I had taken a Bengal on. I even turned down a silver Bengal boy last year and they are my ultimate favourite!

Catsey Senior

14-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #13

i think i may just stick to my bengal boy then

i wouldnt want to do anything stupid. as i say i wouldnt have the heart to rehome a cat if it didnt work out, and not fair on the cat either.

anyway, i can just continue to look forward to getting my bengal boy in a few weeks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #14

I'm sure Indie and Harvey will wreck the place sufficiently Jenny, without adding another feline partner-in-crime!

Catsey Senior

15-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #15

hi dm, yeh ur right!

well it wouldnt be something i would have considered for another few yrs anyway.

but i think i'll be content with what i have