Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #1

Jell-O Sunday

Mags posted this yesterday in the health thread; I have changed the font colour to blue because the news is worthy of blue skies ahead.

I received PM from Christoher this evening to say that Eileen's friend Carolyn, has managed to connect Eileen's Kindle to us from the hospital!!! I'm not sure when Eileen will be up to chatting to us,herself, but she sends her love and prayers.

I hope it will cheer her up by feeling closer to us....

So this is in for Eileen. So come on people tell her what you are doing. A bit of a take on an old saying (retail is detail)
but this is my motto while Eileen is recouping.....Recovery is detail. When in hospital you want to join the World so here we go.

So thought we could do a week of American themed foods, and given she is in hospital I thought Jell-O would be a good start, I knew watching usa tv ould be useful.

So here we are Sunday 15.01.12 time 8.01 AM location Birmingham UK, weather cold but not too bad frost on the ground no wind. Just about to have coffee and toast with the essential marmite. Then taking Sal out for a nice brisk walk in the frost will try to take a picture of two.
Then off to get the exhaust replaced on Percy the Panda
(my car)_ not sure what next but will update through the day.......hope this idea takes off see you all later and Eileen if you manage to get online today - try not to fall off (get it on - line ----- fall off)

Oh yes roast beef, mashed and roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding sprouts, carrots for dinner and maybe cheesecake for after.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #2

Re: Jell-O Sunday

Good morning all..... sunny, not a cloud in the sky and it's a cold 2ºC here.

Just to add to Kazz's post regarding Eileen, it may be best not to overflow Eileen's PM box with messages at the moment until she is well enough. At the moment Chris can also contact me from the hospital now.

Kazz, I like your idea of American themed foods

Enjoy your day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #3

Good idea Karen, i like it.
Great news about Eileen, i'm sure it will help her to recovery.
Bright and sunny here, just off to take the dogs a walk to the river with their cousin dogs
Kwame had a lovely visit from his breeder yesterday, he certainly recognises her, may post some pics later. She had Kwame's brother , sunny with her but they weren't impressed with each other. We put Kwame in another room whilst he came in. Malaika loved him and had a good play.
Got my eldest here at the moment, he was at a screamo metal concert last night and came back with hardly any voice, a scratch and sore ribs from an elbow jab, he said he's had a marvellous time :O

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #4

morning everyone.

Really good news about eileen I saw our photos shelley of kwame and his breeder, certainly look like he remembers her!!!

Its bright but cold here. We are doing a run to the tip to get rid of our old TV and the box for the new 1 tehn over to my sisters to pick up my car

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #5

Hello all and especially Eileen!
Cold and cloudy here today. I'm doing the usual domestic stuff much to the annoyance of the cats- how DARE I move the cat bowls to mop the floor!?!
Trying to get up enthusiasm for my long run in a bit- it is such a contrast to the lovely sunny day we had yesterday. Oh well, I've downloaded a couple of comedies to listen to while running- I just hope Sandi Tosvig isn't too funny- it can be hard to laugh and run at the same time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #6

Glad everyone likes the theme.

Well back for a short break in the day, just waiting for the potatoes...then dinner.
Had a lovely walk with Sal this morning, crisp no photo's though sorry - forgot the camera (hey ho) Out later this afternoon about 4ish but not for long. So will be back later after 10 I expect.

Eileen if you are reading this "Hello" I have missed you, you are like the lynchpin of this community. But we have girded our loins and faced your absence with fortitude and stiff upper lips..................while crying into our keyboards.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #7

Afternoon all! Afternoon Eileen, if you're managing to read this on your Kindle ..... three cheers for Carolyn, is what I say!

OH, Monty and I have been out for our longish local walk today - the one we were meant to have done yesterday but my back was sore. Back completely better today and surprisingly so - made me realise just how sore it was yesterday. We've discovered footpaths and bridleways around where we live - you know the sort of thing, you see a finger post and think *I wonder where that goes?* Well, I know now! Coming back over a rather sad area - it was a gravel extraction site some years before we moved here and although I presume the pit has been filled in and trails laid for 4x4 trailing and scrambling etc. the place is strewn with litter and not at all lovely. Could be nicer with not much effort ........ Monty has picked up loads of burrs and I had one clinging to my sock. We've tried getting some off the poor dog and will have another go later ..... each little part of the seedhead just clings .... nasty things.

It's quite bright and there's a coldish wind here but no frost last night, it clouded over mid afternoon and hence higher temperatures.

We've seen signs of Spring .... catkins, a dandelion in flower, even a blackberry bramble in flower with some tiny blackberries and OH saw a bumble-bee yesterday. Warmer weather is on the way folks, just hang on in there.

Eileen, I think Kazz's para
"Eileen if you are reading this "Hello" I have missed you, you are like the lynchpin of this community. But we have girded our loins and faced your absence with fortitude and stiff upper lips..................while crying into our keyboards." sums up my feelings just right.

Get better soon - we miss you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #8

I'd hoped that there would be loads of peoples' posts on here today ..... but maybe tomorrow will be more productive? Come on folks!