Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #1

Sticky Toffee pud Friday and custard

afternoon all, nice and sunny here although cold.
Been to work this morning, have been told that finances are very poor for the charity and there is a meeting with parents next week to see if they can help with fund raising to keep the department going
Cleaned the bathroom and front window although it still looks as bad due to the double glazing unit having blown or something. I was flagging a bit and then a lively piece of music came on , it certainly helped.
Dreading training tomorrow with Kwame as he's difficult at the moment. His breeder is calling afterwards to see him as she's in the area.
Hoping that Eileen is well enough to be moved to an ordinary ward today.
See you later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #2

Re: Sticky Toffee pud Friday and custard

Just you and me then Shelley.We should get one of those "bear/card things" You to Me,

Done shopping this morning and taken Sal out had a sleep and just having a bite to eat then off out.

A friend of mine popped to travel agents on Tuesday and flew to Egypt on Wednesday!!!!!!

Maybe Kwame is not just beinga difficult teenager but a total different way of wiring in his head. But its the dogs that make you think and work that give the greatest reward...is one way of thinking about it. Maybe his breeder can offer a little advice, by suggesting ways to come round the other way at a problem rather than head on.

Met a lady today outside the supermarket and she had a G.S.D pup, a beautiful longhaired pup, called Jerry.

Sunny but cold is a good weather report.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #3

Hi Shelley and Kazz - a bit thin on the ground here today, wish I was!!!

But I have been out walking today with OH and Monty - it was a gloriously sunny day, wall to wall blue sky if rather cold and frosty to start. We walked around Copnor Point - and had lunch on a shingle beach basking in the warm sunshine, sheltered from the wind. A man we met commented that it was like being in the Mediterranean, and it was. We only just made it round due to high tide though, another 30 mins and we would have had to have turned back.

A bit stiff when I got home and had a sit down and a cuppa - so I had to resort to a tot of Christmas present rum to numb the pain. Feeling OK now, not surprisingly - I have had a whole 4 days without any alcohol which is part of my weight watching. Going to get the Wii out tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that Kwame is being a little git - rather like Monty, who has developed the ankle biting habit again and attacking my walking stick. He is 10 months old and our trainer is recommending that he ought to have the snip - I'd hoped to hold out until he's 1 year old, but I am fairly sure that he's finished growing. Other people say that it is never a matter of aggression rather a lack of training - and like all these povs, it's hard to decide who's right.

Sounds as if it will be bright but cold for the w/end, so if I am able to move tomorrow we are planning an even more local walk.

Hoping for more news of Eileen - trust she's back in a "normal" room now. I don't suppose anyone can say where she's been since going to ER and the news Mags relayed yesterday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #4

Have a lovely night out Karen.
Naughty ankle biteing Monty !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-01-2012, 01:18 AM   #5

I am of the mind that having him "done" will not improve his behaviour.

All you will have then is a neutured dog who bites your ankles/walking stick - If you can't stop him then put something like cayenne pepper or something equally unpallatable on the bottom part of the walking stick