Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-01-2012, 03:05 AM   #1

New years Day 2012

Morning all,Happy new Year
thought i'd start the daily as i've just got in from next door.
Had a lovely party and off to bed now.
Hope we get some news from Eileen soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #2

Re: New years Day 2012

Happy New Year everyone!

We went to bed fairly early once we'd seen the New Year in and then got disturbed by merry revellers wending their way home from parties. It sounded as though they all had a lovely time

Got both offspring and their OHs for lunch today looking forward to having everyone around the table again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #3

Happy New Year to everyone!

We had a quiet New Year celebration and watched the fireworks from London - weren't they amazing?

Another quiet day here today. We are cooking our venison casserole in the slow cooker and then we were planning to go out for a walk, but the weather is wet and windy and poor Monty Bogle has conjunctivitis and is feeling very sorry for himself. Nothing we can do for him apart from bathe his eyes with boiled salt water and try the warm teabag treatment, which I understand works well for conjunctivitis. No pharmacies open so we can't even get any human eye drops for him today.

I am hoping to hear good news from Eileen - have been wishing her well. Thanks Mags for saying you'll post if you hear anything.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
01-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #4

A Happy and Healthy New Year to all!

Angie, sorry to hear about Monty Bogle boy. Do you use Fucithalmic drops or the human Chloramphenicol (0.5%)?. Thank goodness it's Monday tomorrow, (never thought I'd say that), but in Monty's case..give him a gentle hug from me.

MrsH, ditto here for last night. Couldn't upset my dear lady's bedtime routine! I wonder how many of those will be nursing hangovers now! :/ Saw a single soul running down the lane with his shirt off shouting something, well, slurry. Quite funny!

A bit concerned about Eileen, I've been off for a while so it's news to me,..Please Eileen get in touch soon, if just to let us know all's well.

Off to the farm shop today to get some veg to make stew and tomato soup with croutons and cress, then off to visit a poorly friend.

Edit: Forgot to say found out something very interesting, could be a lifesaver over Christmas for Mitzi. I've been using some healing Vitamin E (100 i.u) capsules on Mitzi's Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex on her lip (rodent ulcer) which would weep after she ate dry food and swell up occasionally. Well! Just a small smear each morning after breakfast and the flare ups and advancing of it towards her nostril has subsided and gone a nice pale healthy pink colour. She is still breathing through one nostril, that can't be changed, but if this really does halt this EGC then I'll be posting it on the web and telling my vet so others can be helped too! There's no cure, steroids only halt things for while, and they didn't suit Mitzi, so, fingers crossed. I just wish I'd tried this before, it's so obvious. She licks it off straight away but it's still making a huge difference.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #5

Morning all............

Happy New Year to everyone!
I hope you all had an enjoyable evening and aren't suffering too much this morning

Overcast here but it's still unseasonably mild....... makes you wonder if we'll pay for this in the coming months

I haven't heard anything from Eileen which, in a way, I'm taking as 'good' news that she hasn't been admitted to hospital, otherwise Chris or Carolyn would have notified me. Like many of us if we are ill, we don't always feel like using the computer so I hope she is resting, taking her medication and getting her strength back.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
01-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #6

Happy New Year everyone, we just stayed in watching the fireworks on the telly

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthisouthere
A Happy and Healthy New Year to all!

Angie, sorry to hear about Monty Bogle boy. Do you use Fucithalmic drops or the human Chloramphenicol (0.5%)?. Thank goodness it's Monday tomorrow, (never thought I'd say that), but in Monty's case..give him a gentle hug from me.

MrsH, ditto here for last night. Couldn't upset my dear lady's bedtime routine! I wonder how many of those will be nursing hangovers now! :/ Saw a single soul running down the lane with his shirt off shouting something, well, slurry. Quite funny!

A bit concerned about Eileen, I've been off for a while so it's news to me,..Please Eileen get in touch soon, if just to let us know all's well.

Off to the farm shop today to get some veg to make stew and tomato soup with croutons and cress, then off to visit a poorly friend.

Edit: Forgot to say found out something very interesting, could be a lifesaver over Christmas for Mitzi. I've been using some healing Vitamin E (100 i.u) capsules on Mitzi's Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex on her lip (rodent ulcer) which would weep after she ate dry food and swell up occasionally. Well! Just a small smear each morning after breakfast and the flare ups and advancing of it towards her nostril has subsided and gone a nice pale healthy pink colour. She is still breathing through one nostril, that can't be changed, but if this really does halt this EGC then I'll be posting it on the web and telling my vet so others can be helped too! There's no cure, steroids only halt things for while, and they didn't suit Mitzi, so, fingers crossed. I just wish I'd tried this before, it's so obvious. She licks it off straight away but it's still making a huge difference.
The Chloramphenicol is what's been recommended by a member of the Schnauzer forum and I understand that I might have to tell a lie and say it's for a human if asked. Is there anything else you would suggest I try???

Great news about the Vitamin E being such a find for Mitzi. Can I ask why you say "it's so obvious"? I need to study vitamin use, I can tell!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
01-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
The Chloramphenicol is what's been recommended by a member of the Schnauzer forum and I understand that I might have to tell a lie and say it's for a human if asked. Is there anything else you would suggest I try???

Great news about the Vitamin E being such a find for Mitzi. Can I ask why you say "it's so obvious"? I need to study vitamin use, I can tell!
Just been to Tesco's North Harbour and the pharmacy's open, must admit I didn't think it would be either. Monday's not too far away now tho'. If the Schnauzer forum say Chloramphenicol, (packet says 'for acute bacterial conjunctivitis', it's antibiotic..'for adults and children aged 2 and over'), then I can't see any reason to doubt it's usefulness and safety. It's apparently a 5 day course, for people. I expect vet would prescribe the same thing for the eyes, Fucithalmic is also antibiotic so..would do the same thing.

Vitamin E's a brilliant skin healer with great antioxidant properties. I break open the gel capsules and use them neat; especially useful for speeding up healing on those little but painful finger tears in the cold and wet months. Also helps slow down the signs of ageing (useful for me, praps not so much for you!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
01-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #9

happy new year everyone!!

hoping eileens ok!!

angie there will be a pharmacy somewhere near you open, there always has to be, probably a few shops will be in a rota. chloramphenicol is only liscenced for pharmacists to sell it to humans aged 2 and up, and almost all will want to see the 'patient' before they will sell. i dont know however as its new years day you may get lucky..

OH has insisted on making his own steak pie today, we'l see how that turns up! then probably go up to my brothers for a bit.

have a great day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #10

Afternoon all. Thought I had gone to bed and then had a nighbour from well up the street knock on the door looking for the owner for a car blocking his in. Of course they weren't here he apologised but of course he had knocked on a few doors and I ended up chatting with some of the neighbours.........then a fewpast returning from various place so we were out there till 3.30
this morning ended up with most of us returning in and providing glasses of good cheer and cups coffee and tea.

I hope Eileen is feeling a little better today.

Shelley Glad you had a nice night.

Mrs H enjoy your houseful. When is the baby due?

Angie thats a shame about Monty,
hope it clears up are schnauzers prone to conjunctivitus? Have to say Sainsburys is open by me.

TIOT....Vitamin E is a brilliant vitamin, glad it is working for the RU. Happy New Year.

Mags wash your mouth out considering not so good weather, shame on you. tut tut.

RCR How are you these days?

Lynz That steak pie sounds nice, enjoy your day.

Planning on cleaning the car today. As Mags said it is unseasonably mild.