Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #41

Re: Falling over..

There's a thought Kazz...I really don't know how good her sight is? She managed to chase a mouse around the house the other week though

I will mention it to the vet on Monday and will also get her to check her ears..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #42

But cats chase on other senses including hearing, and smell not always sight. But I'd be tempted to think sight or an inner ear infection. But something in my gut tells me sight, I mean an ear infection would affect her ability to jump on the sofa where as with sight the sofa is the same as its always been?

Karen

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #43

Yes you could be right Kazz, I will definitely be asking the vet on Monday. How would they check her sight do you think?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-10-2005, 12:02 PM   #44

I would think they could tell a lot by looking deep into her eyes PK.....

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #45

I am hoping for a more definite diagnosis on Monday...or at least some tests..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #46

I am so sorry PK. I hope the vet can get to the bottom of this tomorrow. Its always better to know exactly what you are dealing with. If you feel it may be her sight, just a thought, but have you tried elevating her food bowls etc, so that she doesnt have to lower her head too much. I am sure I have read something before, probably on a CRF site, about similar things.
I dont want to cause any alarm but has the vet done any blood tests? Its just that my old boy was diagnosed with CRF after losing the use of his hind legs. Not sure exactly the connection but he has been on steriod tablets ever since.
Hope all goes well for you and you kitty.

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2005, 01:16 PM   #47

Hi PK and Elaine I admit it is possible but somehow Lucky's "signs" don't shout out CRF do they? although with her age CRF is possible - like the heart murmur situation, its something that lots of older cats suffer from. Like diabetes - a common ailment in older cats.
But you never know. Good luck at the vets tomorrow PK and Oscar and Cleo both had their front legsshaved to have the blood taken - they were none the worse for wear - so nothing to be worried aboutif they suggest taking blood.

Catsey Junior

30-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #48

PK ~ I am sorry to learn that you are having such health issues with your older kitty I wll pray that she gets good reports at the Vets tomorrow! A small TIA or inner ear infection might just be the culprit. Also if she is running any low grade fevers, etc it might be a UTI. My old fella who is 21 has cataracts in his eyes - your kitty may have them - when you look straight into her eyes do they appear 'cloudy' at all? That could be some of the sight issues.
At any rate, I know you are worried sick about her! Please let us know how you make out *hugs*
Deb

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #49

Thanks all...and thanks for that crf link Kazz. I read with interest and her symptoms fit with som many disorders I really wouldn't know what is wrong with her I am going to ask the vet to do some blood work and let's just see what is going on....

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #50

I have had a look at lots of links too, and Lucky's symptoms as you say fit so many, I hope you get some joy from the vets tomorrow. Karen