Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-10-2005, 07:54 PM   #1

Loved the book - hated the film

What are your nominations?

I'll start with 2

1. Captain Correli's Mandolin
Loved the book (although it took some getting in to) and have read it 4 times now (each time on holiday in Greece! mmm), think Nicholas Cage is a v good actor, neutral on Penelope Cruz. Hated the film which was simplistic, not faithful to the book - indeed omitted over half the book - and its only redeeming factor was the great location.

2. Chocolat
Now it's not the greatest book but enjoyable enough. The film just diluted the theme (can you be a good but ungodly person; can you be a bad but allegedly godly person?), to her v The Mayor (!). The supporting characters weren't right - especially her Johnny Depp as her red-haired (not!) love interest and the Judi Dench character.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-10-2005, 08:57 PM   #2

Re: Loved the book - hated the film

I'm afraid I haven't read the books or seen the films of either DM so can't comment...sorry

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #3

1. She By H Ryder Haggard - loved the book in fact adored the book hated the film all looked like plastic the scenery and the acting was poor to say the least.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
21-10-2005, 10:11 PM   #4

IT - read the book as a 12 year old and it really sceard me, my mother let me watch the film as a 15 year old and it was rubish read the book again 2 years ago and again it sceard me