Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #1

Nails...

I went into a nail bar today to get cuticle softner and top coat, and while I was there the girl asked me if I needed my nails filling! Did not have a clue what she was on about until she explained, it was a place where people go to get false nails, and seemingly you need o get them filled every now and then, she was surprised when I told her my long nails are my own

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #2

Re: Nails...

Interesting. I only wore false nails once...or a false nail. The time I slammed a file drawer on my little finger and the nail came off; looked so weird while it was growing back I used one. Didn't much like it.

Do you have problems typing, Moli?

Catsey Veteran

04-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #3

Not typing DM, but do sometimes trying to pick things up...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-12-2008, 11:43 PM   #4

I don't have false nails, but I have 'gel nails' which is a protein overlay on my own nails which is rock-hard. Every 3 weeks I need to get them 'filled' as they grow out and look a little odd - especially if I have colour like now (very, very dark purple).

I have incredibly weak nails and have never been able to grow them so this is the only way I can ever have lovely long nails.

Catsey Veteran

04-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I don't have false nails, but I have 'gel nails' which is a protein overlay on my own nails which is rock-hard. Every 3 weeks I need to get them 'filled' as they grow out and look a little odd - especially if I have colour like now (very, very dark purple).

I have incredibly weak nails and have never been able to grow them so this is the only way I can ever have lovely long nails.
Thanks Yola, thats what she was on about....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
05-12-2008, 07:07 AM   #6

I have only ever had false nails once and that was for my wedding (2nd one) I couldn't do a thing in them and had to have them soaked off a few days later.

In my job, I can't have long nails due to potential injury to a patient and they would never grow long enough due to the constant washing. The skin on my hands is similar to a Rhino!!!