Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-11-2005, 09:42 PM   #1

Taken the plunge

Well I have finaly taken the plunge I have put it off and put it off but no longer.

I am making an appointment to see a pensions advisor - to sort out what I need to do if anything for the future,

Has anyone else sorted out their pensions.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #2

Re: Taken the plunge

Well I have what I have accumulated from my service to the NHS but other than that NO I haven't made any provisions

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-11-2005, 09:49 PM   #3

I ahd a pension plan when I worked in the bank. Other than that no I havent done anything. Its hard to put away something when you no longer work. Wish I has a long time ago though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
08-11-2005, 09:49 PM   #4

Uhm... no..... I think they are taking a certain amount of my pay each month, so I think I have something saved up...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-11-2005, 09:50 PM   #5

I started a personal pension plan where my employer also pays money into, I don't pay a lot into it but it will be worth a little bit by the time I retire and I can carry on paying into it if I decide to change jobs.

Be careful about contacting your bank/building society and try and see a truely independent financial adviser who will advice you on the best policy for you, not one where they get the most commission.

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2005, 10:01 PM   #6

I pay into a compnay pension scheme a final salary one as they used to be and because I have been in it for about 20 years I stayed with it when given an option to opt out. (companies it seems as a whole closes the final salary option on pensions)

I would like to retire at 50 in 8 years the mortgage will have been payed by then and I will owe no one anything - so want to check out what I can do extra if anything now. ie a few quid now means a few more quid in 10 years Maybe work part time - but nothing more.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-11-2005, 10:04 PM   #7

Sounds sensible Kazz. You are obviously putting a lot of thought into securing your future

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2005, 10:12 PM   #8

I have no idea how I ended up sensible Fran I have always been anything but honestly.
Karen