Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

05-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #11

Re: Evocative music

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
How's the ref doing?????
(Take care - he's a friend!)
Ref wasn't half bad DM

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-11-2005, 10:17 PM   #12

I have a song that brings good and sad feelings!
It is the Barry White, You to me are everything!
We played it at Mums funeral as it was a song that always got her up on the dance floor! Her friends all smiled and cried at the same time!
There are many many more, but I am absolutely hopeless with names! It is usually me going 'you know the one about so and so by the blond guy!'.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-11-2005, 10:32 AM   #13

Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton. 1st hubbies and my song.

Are Friend's Electric by Tubeway Army. Rite of passage song which summed up my teenage years and what influenced me to explore art, poetry and music in great depth.

Gorecki's Symphony, but not sure what it's called. It's the one that he wrote in tribute to the people who died in the camps. There is a line in there sung in Polish by a women lamenting the death of her small child and it's something that will forever haunt me.

Songs of the Auvergne - Dawn Upshaw. There is one particular song on this which is often played on Classic FM which is too beautiful for words. It's our special, special song and represents the struggles we went through when getting together. When things get tough I will listen to this and it will always remind me of why I love 'him indoors' so much.

Mozart's requiem. It's the music I chose for my father's funeral service as it holds many positive memories for me.