Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
17-11-2007, 08:34 PM   #11

Re: daily - supreme day

Glad you are feeling a bit better yola.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #12

Glad you're feeling somewhat better, Yola! I never get a flu shot for just that reason; the whole medical profession swears you cannot, but I know two people who did! I rely on herd immunity...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #13

Glad you are feeling a little better Yola, hubby was quite unwell around a week after his flu injection, exactly the reason I refuse to have it Hope you feel much better tomorrow x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2007, 11:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Glad you are feeling a little better Yola, hubby was quite unwell around a week after his flu injection, exactly the reason I refuse to have it Hope you feel much better tomorrow x
Both of my friends fell very ill about a week after the shot also, Fran! Sick as dogs, both of them! I'm glad to know another "refusnik" !!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
18-11-2007, 01:38 AM   #15

It's not everyone that has a reaction interestingly, I wonder how much of it depends on if you maybe have the virus already but haven't developed it - the jab just kind of kick starts it. I had a flu jab a couple of years ago and I didn't get any nasties after at all. I need to get it done this year so will let you know

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #16

When I was a Practice nurse, I used to do the flu jabs and I 'had' to tell patients that it would be very unlikely to have a reaction to the jab but unfortunately, that wasn't my experience, I saw more reactions than could just be put down to coincidence that they were harbouring the virus already

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
18-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #17

Ah well, there goes my theory

Was funny tho, I expected to get a reaction but didn't and then also didn't have a cold or flu for the next year or so which was very unusual for me.