Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
10-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #21

Re: Autumnal Cats

Yola, you have three beautiful cats. They look as if they really enjoyed the fresh air. Thanks for letting us see them.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #22

We never see enough of your three Yola lovely pictures of them.
I can't believe how much difference you have made to Myshka...he looks totaly different to the last time I saw him "screaming in my ear"

He is a credit to your love of Persians now...totaly different cat. I would not have recognised.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #23

Karen, I was looking at his 'Chico' pictures (he still responds to the name by the way) and thinking he actually didn't look that different! So thank you for your kind comments, maybe I'm seeing with eyes that are too familiar!

He's certainly a changed boy in terms of personality . . . chatty (ok, squawky ), cuddly, friendly, curious and just . . . adorable!

And yes, it's a breed that I really do have a soft spot for. Love 'em

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #24

He looks very content and happy too......Love your cats Yola, they are exactly what persians should look like...

Catsey Veteran

10-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Karen, I was looking at his 'Chico' pictures (he still responds to the name by the way) and thinking he actually didn't look that different! So thank you for your kind comments, maybe I'm seeing with eyes that are too familiar!

He's certainly a changed boy in terms of personality . . . chatty (ok, squawky ), cuddly, friendly, curious and just . . . adorable!

And yes, it's a breed that I really do have a soft spot for. Love 'em
The only thing I suggest is if you need to move hm distances again put in ear plugs - LOL - honestly he does look totaly different - for the better that is

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Fifi's a lilac-cream. She was a quite rare colour for a Persian when I got her at 12 weeks old. It's a strange pinky-grey mottled with creamy-white combination. But as she's got older the grey is coming through stronger (or maybe I should just give her a bath )
I have to admit to not being a great lover of Persians, but your Fifi is a lovely looking girlie (old lady or not so old lady!). Her fur colour is beautiful.

Can you tell me whether she has a slightly more prominent nose than your other two, for example? Or was it just the angle of your photo?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #27

Angie, yes . . . she is what is called a 'doll-faced' persian. Her snout is far more elongated that the boys', infact the pictures don't do justice to the actual difference, she is facially, quite distinct from the perfect persian 'type'.

I think her breeder tended towards this style though. Even though her lineage had won awards, Gayle (Gaynal Persians) was keen to breed the old fashioned type.

Catsey Veteran

10-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #28

Now that interesting Yola "old fashioned type" so you ean persians were not always so "flat faced" sorry no other way to say it........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #29

I must be just an old-fashioned girl at heart then. Personally, I prefer the longer nosed type of Persian, although I did not know there was a difference until you just told me. Thanks for telling me that. Do you find that she has less trouble with the "runny eyes"?

I also prefer the old-fashioned type of Siamese.

Just personal preference really.

Catsey Veteran

10-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #30

Snap me to Angie I adore the old fashioned siamese.