Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
07-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #1

Soaking Saturday.

Good morning Pamela, Shelley and Yola,
Saturday evening here and it's pouring down.The forecast is for heavy rain over the next few days as well. My cousin came round today as usual and we had egg and bacon pie for lunch with couscous and chickpea salad on the side - very nice it was too.She left around 3pm and silly me was going to bring the washing in, but sat down and had a coffee instead. And yes, it started to rain heavily so I decided to leave it out on the washing line rather than get soaked.

The cats refused to go outside tonight as they don't like the rain.They seem quite happy, as i gave them a handful of Temptations each and they're all lying here in the lounge, apart from Snoddy who is on my bed waiting for me.

Sadly I have to tell you that my sister's wee cat, Eva, was put to sleep last night. Eva stopped eating on Tuesday ,despite having appetite stimulants and her breathing became very laboured.Eva was a very pretty wee thing, a long haired calico and my sister owned her for 11 years. She was a rescue and Mary (sister) got her when she was around 4 years old. Mary wants to say thank you to you all for your kind thoughts towards Eva while she was so ill.

My Miracle has started scratching again and making herself bleed. I put Advantage on them all yesterday but can't see any fleas on any of them. Michele, my vet doesn't think Miracle has a flea allergy anyway but I'm afraid she may have to go on another course of steroids to stop her biting herself.At least Betsey has stopped that sneezing and seems fine.

My son emailed me from Nottingham today to tell me that my 3 year old grand daughter, Matilda, has been exposed to Covid through her pre-school teacher.They are all now in isolation and so far, Tilly seems fine. Hopefully it will stay that way.

PAMELA, I hope you enjoyed your couple of days off work and congratulations on passing your theory test.I knew you would.How is that finger ? Hopefully it's feeling a lot better now.You'll be looking forward to the weekend. I hope you do something relaxing and peaceful and that you are able to get out on the bike.Been thinking about your dad too, and hoping that he is OK.

SHELLEY,I'm pleased you're able to work from home now, but hopefully it will only be for a month and then you can come out of lockdown again, in time to enjoy Christmas.We are only in Level 1 now so life is pretty normal but we've started to get a couple of community covid cases again among nurses who work in our quarantine facilities - despite the fact that they wear full PPE gear and take all precautions.AND I'm sorry that your dolls haven't yet made it to you. Neither has my mastiff cushion. Seems it's a bad time to send anything anywhere.You hang in there.

YOLA,I hope your arms are now feeling a bit better after using the resistance bands. That electric facial sounds marvellous. Hope it went well.I do hope you get through the lockdown OK and are able to work from home.AND i hope your persian boy has now stopped sneezing and the meds have worked well for him.

Well everyone, enjoy the weekend and i hope the sun shines for you all Stay safe everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-11-2020, 05:30 PM   #2

Re: Soaking Saturday.

Hi Dinky and anyone to follow. I am so sorry to hear of Eva going to the bridge. Your sister must be heartbroken. Please send on my thoughts to her.

I do hope your granddaughter and your family are ok and arent badly affected by the virus.

Theres nothing worse than when you think the washing will be ok and then it rains. Has happened so many times!!

We were out on the motorbikes today and went to my dads. Its a ride ive never done until today. Was a good ride. No too far only about 40mins. Was very cold though even with all our kit on. My finger has been ok until today!! When i got to my dads it was really sore and it also cracked which made it even sorer so its back to being sore but not as bad as when i first did it but till pretty sore!!

My hubby also bought me a wee present today. he got me a CD of an artist i love!! Amy Macdonald, unfortunately our cars dont have cd players and my laptop sound doesn't work so i will need to put it on a USB drive for the car.

We are going to see OHs folks tomorrow as they have got a new touring caravan and want us to see it then shopping and i need to make 5 snuffle mats as i got an order for 10 the other day

Take care everyone