Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Short-haired cats
03-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #1

Chiyo and the rest!

If some of you are curious about my other animals, and you can find their pictures right here!

In August we adopted a 9 year old Shiba Inu, and named her chiyo. She has a history as a breeding-dog. So she's not used to a home-situation, cats, humans, etc. She's 50/50, some days she's doing very good, and some days she's doing not so good. We have a behaviorist coming over this weekend to help us out with several things.
The pictures are a bit too big, so I will link them.

Chiyo
Chiyo

I will make pictures of the reptiles and tarantula soon.
(I will make a warning for the tarantula).

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
03-10-2014, 09:40 PM   #2

Re: Chiyo and the rest!

Aww, she is lovely. Well done for rescuing her. I wish there was legislation to limit the number of litters a bitch can have. Poor little Chiyo, looks like she's been through the wars. She must be very grateful to be with you and loved.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #3

It's a lovely caring act to take on a poor dog that's been exploited for someone else's greed. I hope that Chiyo can have enjoyment in her life with you and that the behaviourist can help.

Can I recommend this book "Saving Susie-Belle - rescued from the horrors of a puppy farm, one dog's uplifting true story" by Janetta Harvey. Susie-Belle is a Miniature Schnauzer and both she and the author are known to me.

Catsey Junior

04-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #4

I'm sure she has been through a lot. She's missimg an ear, and a round her lips she has a lot of scars.

Thank you for the tip Angieh! Will look into it!
Weekly, there are dogs rescued from puppy farms -- especially Shibas and Akitas -- in Belgium, where we adopted Chiyo. I had no idea the situation is that bad there.

They recently put up a new law; cats have to be spayed or neutered before a specific age. Unless you can show that you're a breeder. To decrease the amount of strays.
I wish they looked at the problem of puppy farms as well...
Most of them have never seen other people, or been in a house, or been loved. I have no words for it.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
04-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #5

Karma to you for rescuing that beautiful dog, Yulecat.I also have a rescue dog, an English Mastiff who had been badly abused and was in shocking condition when I rescued her.I don't know how these creeps can treat animals like this. Chiyo will reward you many times over with love and devotion once she settles in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #6

well done to you for rescuing them!!

I also have a rescuer dog, a 7yr old springer spaniel who was part of of a welfare order before we got him. Alot of issies to be worked on aswell!! Getting there though with time, patience and quite a few trainers!!

Catsey Junior

12-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #7

How long did it take for your Spaniel to fully relax and trust you, Pamela?