Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #11

Re: What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Great idea, Az! As a Yankee on this site I've always felt welcome...everyone couldn't be friendlier...hope it will stay that way as we expand. Please, don't tweak the format too much!!!
That's very nice of you to say Eileen.....glad you feel 'at home' here!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Great idea, Az! As a Yankee on this site I've always felt welcome...everyone couldn't be friendlier...hope it will stay that way as we expand. Please, don't tweak the format too much!!!
It would be great for you too if there were others for you to chat to when we on this side of the world are all in bed Eileen. Glad you feel at home here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #13

The more the merrier I say

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
04-07-2006, 10:42 PM   #14

Yes I think it is a good idea!

I hope CP remains personal though. I visit quite a number of forums, but because this is relatively small I feel it is easier to get to know everyone and their furry companions and also easier to read all the posts. On one site I visit it is so huge it is impossible to read all posts and the 'personal' feeling is lost. For example, on CP, if a regular poster hasn't posted for a few days, people notice, so it is like a big family really. Hope that all makes sense!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Yes I think it is a good idea!

I hope CP remains personal though. I visit quite a number of forums, but because this is relatively small I feel it is easier to get to know everyone and their furry companions and also easier to read all the posts. On one site I visit it is so huge it is impossible to read all posts and the 'personal' feeling is lost. For example, on CP, if a regular poster hasn't posted for a few days, people notice, so it is like a big family really. Hope that all makes sense!
That's exactly how I feel too Kim......it is really nice when you get to know the people you are talking to.......you are able to share their worries and concerns....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-07-2006, 02:08 AM   #16

I quite agree with the above from Kim & Mags...would hate to lose the "family" feeling. Just today as I was waiting for the bus an ambulance went by & I thought of Jac's brother, saw a car with a CJ licence plate & wondered if Carly were feeling better, I was thinking of Elsa & her problems...you know what I mean. I like the idea of going global, but would regret in a way a possible loss of the the current closeness. Hopefully, most cat people are nice & would probably fit in & get to know us...and, as was said, more pics!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
05-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #17

I would like us to stay small and friendly as well. I like being able to read all the posts - and reply to most threads. It's nice to get more comments than "awwww", perhaps "how's the paw responding to the treatment", when you post pictures, and as already mentioned nice to recognise each other's pets. (With the occasional he/she cat/dog mixup (guilty... )) It means that the discussions won't vanish off the radar so quickly and people will have the energy to debate or help properly. Also reduces the chance that you post something important and it gets lost in the surge so no-one sees it.

Then again, I like small crowds and am a fairly new member, so please don't let my newling (mewling?) squeaks prevent you, if it is what the old regulars want.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-07-2006, 07:51 PM   #18

I have one word of concern to add. Having belonged to a couple of US-biased cat forums, I was astounded about the quantity of 'empty platitudes' being put about. Here at least things are sincere, and people don't say things specifically to 'get in with the clique'. True words are spoken and we thrash things out in an adult fashion - even if we disagree about things.

My other concern - again about US members would be their rather, shall we say, right wing politics. It was this, in both cases that led me to leave the 2 forums I frequented.

I know Eileen is a liberal-thinker and very open-minded to how the rest of the world perceives things, so PLEASE don't think that my comments are in any way aimed at her, coz they're not; but there are many so-called 'red necks' out there that may create bad feeling with their 'if you're not with us you're against us' approach to things.

OK - that said, I would welcome as many different overseas perspectives as possible; US, Canada, Australia, NZ - but just felt that I needed to air that one concern.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #19

Thanks, Yola! I know exactly what you mean, and am embarrassed often by some of my right-wing compatriots. Politics doesn't belong on a cat forum!

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
05-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #20

I don't think we'd ever stay Small Hreow I want us to be the best, and you all to feel proud you are members of the number one cat site Being big has it's advantages, mainly we can do more for cats than anything else, even if, that is to spread our culture to other parts of the world (that is of being Cat Lovers).

Of course we are a long long way of that. At some point I hope to get Catpages in the same position as Dogweb, especially in the area of the written editorial content - particularly the guides that highlight responsible ownership, and things to look out for like unethical breeders etc - if you've not seen them check out the quick start guides on Dogweb to see what I mean.

With regards to politics, we'd never allow any extremism here - to be honest that in itself will put such people off, which to be honest is great... we're not a political forum and want to remain focussed on cats not bickering. If it ever got to that stage we could just ban political chat.

We'll be fine guys, remember you have a big brother called dogweb always looking out for you

Btw.... see new announcent about another big change soon

Closed Thread