Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
04-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #1

What do you think?

Hi Guys

Not sure if you've been over at Dogweb lately, but I recently asked members what they thought about going worldwide

I've copied my announcement from there below, and quoted the first page of replies too.

I wanted to know what you think too

----------

Hi Guys - I thought I'd get your views on something....

Do you think we should go 'worldwide'? Should I start promoting us in non-UK search engines so we start to get more members from all over the world? Obviously they would be english speaking I guess most will come from US, Austrailia and other english speakers living in other countries.

What do you think? Do you think it will be better? Seeing pics of cats from across the world? Chatting to them about stuff that might be relevant to them? And of course making our current non-UK members feel that little bit more welcome too. What do you think?

I know we have some great non-UK based members here on Catpages - Theres BellaLuna, Chickadeedeedee, Dandysmom, Dangermouse, Mr. Cat, The Piddler, Auburn, Kittyfoot + LaKitten to name but a few!

We'll always have our same friendly ethos and anyone not used to such 'friendliness' will be shown our rule-book We'll also still be focused on whats going on in the UK first and foremost but will try to incorporate internatoinal events too whenever possible (let's face it we read the most interesting ones anyway ) (this bit will be more applicable when we're bigger i guess).

What do you guys think? Shall we actively start going global or stay as much a UK site as possible? I think because Dogweb is going global Catpages should too

Please give me your thoughts everyone I'm interested in what you all have to say!

Here are the first few replies from the same thread posted at Dogweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy
Yes I'm all for it - I think it's an excellent idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveys Mum
Wow how exciting that would be! I personally think it's a brilliant idea x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brundog
Ci

penso che ciò sarebbe meraviglioso !!

( i thinnk that would be wonderful )
see doing my bit already !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki
Oui! C'est tres bon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellygoo
I think it's a good idea too. When you think about it, we talk every day to each other, but have no real idea (and it doesn't matter at all) where everybody is....so worldwide wont be any different. If you see what I mean.

Das ist gut nicht war?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandieSnap
I think it's a great idea. A chance to see some dogs that aren't so well known here, and the different places they are walked in And different ideas from other countries about dogs

I never usually notice that people aren't from the uk though so it might not make much difference to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Its a good idea Azz as it may bring in different opinions and could indicate good/bad ideas from other countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skjerstad
Think its a cool idea, bet you all had to think for a minute where I am anyway, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by novavizz
I think it is a great idea, can't wait!!!

Actually I thought DW was worldwide already!!! Dim eh?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-07-2006, 07:13 PM   #2

Re: What do you think?

Just getting over the initial shock!! What are you up to now Az??

I think it is a great idea as we would probably see cats that are rarely seen here, get to 'meet' some interesting people, hear about different ideas, tips and hints for our cat's welfare.........and see lots of beautiful photos!!

Do you remember Heather from Australia who joined not long after Catpages started Az? She used to post some amazing pics of her cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
04-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #3

I think its a good idea as long as you dont start "tweeking" the layout again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
04-07-2006, 08:00 PM   #4

I think its a good idea. I dont really notice where people are from anyway so they could be on the moon as far as I was concerned!!! I would still talk to them!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #5

Sounds a great idea Az! Lots of new people with lots of different experiences can only be for the good

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
04-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #6

Great stuff guys - I thought you'd like the idea

Mags- yeah I remb Heather, I tried to email her a while back but her email is not working (it was sent back to me)... hope she's ok!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #7

Sounds a good idea to me too.....

Global Moderator

04-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az
Great stuff guys - I thought you'd like the idea

Mags- yeah I remb Heather, I tried to email her a while back but her email is not working (it was sent back to me)... hope she's ok!
Someone joined Catpages last year, I think Az, she was from Australia and said she had bought her cats from Heather......I've forgotten her name I'm afraid

Global Moderator

04-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #9

Just did a search and it was Marina!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #10

Great idea, Az! As a Yankee on this site I've always felt welcome...everyone couldn't be friendlier...hope it will stay that way as we expand. Please, don't tweak the format too much!!!

Closed Thread