Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
15-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #1

New Addition to the family...

Introducing Finnegan...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #2

Re: New Addition to the family...

Hello Finnegan I'm sure you are very welcome here.

He's lovely Think. How did you come by him? Love his name too.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
15-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #3

Oh wow, he is gorjusssss. What a little sweetie and a great name, really suits him. Is he a specific breed? He looks a bit like a ragdoll in colour but muted.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #4

Tink, what a beautiful baby you have there. Finnegan is lovely. You must be very proud of him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #5

Awwwwww! What's his story, Tink? How are the others getting on with him?

Catsey Veteran

15-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #6

Thanks, guys!
He just turned 9 weeks old. I have been wanting a kitten and turning it over in my mind for several months now. I've been checking the daily classifieds and since kitten season started had a lot of opportunities but nothing quite felt 'right' yet. I just knew I wanted a kitten to have a better chance of the others accepting and I wanted another boy. The rest was up to chance.

On Friday, there was a very plain ad in the farm & garden section. Listed there were three polydactyl kittens: 2 males, 1 female for 'free' (although of course kittens are never really 'free' with the cost of care). It said in the ad that text message was the best way to reach her so I sent a message. There were other more appealing ads with pics attached and such but I was drawn to this one. We exchanged some messages and she showed me some not so great quality pics. We got some directions to a farm and went to pick him up that evening.
He was filthy covered in fleas. She said she paid them no attention because they already had six cats and she didn't want to get attached to the kittens. Mom was a tabby with the polydactyl paws. Dad I did not get to see but apparently is a very big boy. I held Finnegan who kind of just melted in my arms and then I held his brother who had very nice almost lynx like markings but he didn't seem so interested in me as he kept squirming and yowling so I asked for Finnegan back who kind of just laid in my arms and had a little worried expression so I just felt it was right I chose him.
He's still seperated in our bedroom for now but I've been letting the other kitties sees him through the baby gate. Hestia and Solomon have both hissed at him. Surprisingly, Kuan Yin has just quietly observed him with interest (i thought she'd be the most ornery of the bunch).
He had no idea what a litter box was so the first night was rough. He was very quiet at first but after a few hours he decided to show his kitten colors and go nuts. He's VERY vocal. I'm guessing he's a moggy with a little bit of Siamese or something in him?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #7

He does look like he has a bit of a pointed face ..... does he have polydactyl paws? Guess you just had to get him out of there Tink, he appealed to you for rescue!

Catsey Veteran

15-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #8

Yes, Angie, his tail and ears are gray and interestingly enough he has very faint light beige markings on his face and his back. It will be interesting to see how his coat/points develop as he gets older. I know Solomon got much darker as he got older so I wonder how this boy will turn out. Yes, he does have the front polydactyl paws. Very cute. And yeah, I am a sucker for a rescue, lol. He also was full of worms and ear mites (yuck). I gave him a bath straight away and a good combing through (which he did not appreciate) and treated him with revolution and cleaned out his ears. He started to feel better after that and I brought him to the walk in vet the very next day to have him tested (negative), get him dewormed, and first vaccine because he seemed to need it very badly.
He is quite feisty and likes to attack and nibble our toes at night, lol. Oy, I forgot what a handful a kitten can be

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
15-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #9

Great story, so glad you found him. I would have had to take them all, it would have broke my heart to leave any behind. He's a very lucky boy. I asked if he was part Ragdoll as he looks to have blue eyes. He will make a stunning chap when he grows up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #10

Finnegan is really cute and so very lucky he has you to care for him Tink